Friday, January 13, 2006

Rough start





Well, we not only got off to an EARLY start, but a rough one...especially for me! Kylie woke up at the usual 6:18 am, but then Rodgers came in the room at 6:30; that is about 2 hours earlier than normal, so I knew he wasn't really ready to get up. They played relatively well together, but at one point I went down to break up a wrestling match at the same time Rodgers was jumping up. His head connected with my nose, and I ended up with an ice pack on my nose at 8:20 am. Thankfully, the worst was pretty much over by then. Sadly, we had rain again this afternoon, but we managed to get a walk in before it started. Speaking of walk...when I asked Rodgers if he wanted to go for a walk he said, "Well, I would rather play with Nana Kathy today. She has snowballs, you know. And then Papa would probably play with me, too. He would come in a little bit from work." I'd like to say I took it well, but I actually didn't and called my mom to tell her I thought I was mad at her. She didn't have much sympathy, and simply said that now I know how she felt all those years when Ian and I came back from spending time with Nana & Papa. THANKS! Spiritual gift of encouragement???? Anyway...Kylie, for the 3rd day in a row, has fought her nap and is acting like she is going through separation anxiety which doesn't make any sense...not that kids usually do...but that was a FUN hour I spent trying to get her to go down & after all the work she still woke up cranky. But it's all good because DADDY CAME HOME AN HOUR EARLY!!!!!! I LOVE YOU PULTE!!!! YOU'RE MY HERO!!!! So dinner is in the oven and I have time to spare, which led me here to the computer to chat with you! Believe it or not, I took some pictures today of the kids on the "inside slide" a.k.a. couch. The other is of Kylie showing off her muscles, which she proudly does while and after eating while saying "whoa!" Kylie learned her first Bible verse today! Just ask her what Jesus says, and she will tell you, "Children obey parents! Shhh!!" (We still have a little baby Jesus sleeping mixed in, but we'll keep working!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angie,
The outfit looks good on her, Thanks for sharing. How did the Christmas Dress look? It sure seems like everyone is getting their share of bumbs and bruises. But I guess some day you will look back at this and laugh. I am so glad that you are back to the Bloggs. Hugs and kisses to all.

Aunt Wendy

Anonymous said...

we need more blogs!!!!!!!