
What a week! My heart is aching with two of my dearest friends as they have separately faced two of the toughest challenges I think life could throw…the death of a mother and the death of an unborn child. What is this crazy thing called love that binds us to each other in such a way that their losses hit us right in the gut as well? Praise God that He is holding both of their dear loved ones in His arms today…and thank you, Jesus that you are here with us to comfort us as well! I’ve been struggling the past few days through this whole issue of peace through the trials and the realization that His peace comes through complete submission to His authority…peace through bowing before Him and His sovereignty. That has been a challenge for me as I have daily had to commit to “bend my knees” to God’s authority. I have a friend who always signs off on her email with “Knees to the earth.” I sure don’t spend enough time there. Kylie is my daily reminder, though, because she is really getting into praying on her knees at night, and sometimes during the day she’ll say, “Do you want to get on your knees, Mama?” I just have to smile and agree that I need to. A little child shall lead them…
But, life doesn’t slow down for us to have a “time out” to catch up and be ready to face the next day, so we’ve been charging on around here…just somewhat in a daze. Kylie is so excited about her birthday that I can’t even imagine how she will be at her party on Saturday! Everything seems to be coming together. We are all excited for our house guests to arrive. It will be a FULL house!!! Can’t wait to post those pictures!
Rodgers and Kylie had Rod and I “rolling” last night! Their new favorite thing to do is SOMERSAULTS! I would love to have a video camera to be able to show you all a clip of them rolling all over the floor…flopping, flipping, sometimes head over heels, sometimes sideways…almost always on top of each other, and laughing all the while! TOO FUNNY for words! Then they would pop up and clap for each other shouting “WE DID IT! YEA!!!” Talk about a bunch of monkeys…
An update on the new Sunday school classes…I think I had mentioned at least to some of you that Rodgers has NOT been happy with his class since they all moved up at the beginning of the summer. Well, he still cried and didn’t want to stay at the beginning of the class on Sunday, but he calmed down and after class he kept saying, “Well, (how he starts every sentence now) I sure did have fun in my class today!” Yes!!! Small victories! And his teacher said to me when I picked him up, “Is Rodgers yours?? He is the CUTEST, SMARTEST thing ever! What a joy!” So true! Please, all of you, remind me of that on the hard days! :) Kylie’s teacher, when I picked her up, just said, “My, my, she just goes and goes, doesn’t she?” Also true…my daughter, the energizer bunny.
Well, I hope you guys are having great weeks. And, stealing Kylie’s line, I’ll end with: would love to hear from you…"HINT HINT!"



1 comment:
No true-er words were spoken. We all need to be on our knees more often. God bless you for raising Kylie that way. I think you need to ask Santa for a camcorder. Would love to have sound with these wonderful pictures. Angie I do thank you for keeping this going. Can't wait to see you. Let your friends know that I will pray for strength and comfort during this time.
Lots of Love,
Aunt Wendy
Post a Comment