
Just in case you ever wondered, this is what Kylie looks like completely covered in strawberry jelly. When I asked her what in the world she was doing, she calmly looked at me, smiled, and said, “I’m getting sticky, Mama.” Duh… So, as you can see, life is back to normal around here after our wonderful vacation at the beach! We had a great time with family, and it was hard to come back to Charlotte all alone! Kylie especially loved the extended time with so many Nanas and Papas and Uncle Ian and Aunt Courtney…she can’t stop talking about it! Of course, she also tells me every time I try to fix her hair that she is going to take it off like Nana B’s. Ha! Ha! If only we all had that option! Bad hair days would have no hold on us!!! Which brings me to how we are all celebrating the great report from the doctor’s office and thrilled that Nana B can have her surgery! One more step in kicking cancer’s butt!! Isn’t God good? Kylie and I were just singing praises on the swings yesterday afternoon and listening to her sing “How great is our God” at the top of her lungs made me think truly how great God is. Kylie doesn’t understand all about God, but she knows just about all that matters: God made her, God loves her, and He is GREAT…oh, and of course that he says to obey your parents! :) Another reason to celebrate: Baby Walker is here!! Tripp and Becky had their third little boy while we were all playing in the sand at the beach, so we stopped by there on our way home. Kylie was all over him…Rodgers hung back and seemed a little disinterested. Kylie wants baby Walker to come to her house just about every day. We are getting excited for Kylie’s birthday party! She now knows she is going to be two years old, and when I asked her yesterday what she wanted for her birthday, she said “some shoes.” So, I guess she’ll be two going on twenty…Rod and I had a great time as we eavesdropped on Rodgers on the Chick-fil-A playground the other night. He was playing with the few other kids who were there. – especially one older girl who had a younger brother. He was telling her which way to go up and which tunnel went to the slide, etc. Then we hear him say, “I’m Rodgers, and this is my baby sister Kylie. She will be two on her birthday, and she is a big girl going on the potty.” When they get to the bottom of the slide and the girl tells him about her little brother he tells the girl and her mom, “I have a big brother named Dada. There he is right there! He goes on the potty, too.” He got quite a laugh out of the parents sitting around us!



No comments:
Post a Comment