Monday, March 09, 2009
New bike!
Rodgers had a big day today. His has outgrown his old bike, and was really frustrated yesterday when he went to ride it and it wasn't working right. So we asked him if he wanted to go to the bike store to look at new bikes again (we tried all this last Fall, but to no avail...change is hard). He did not, but by today he was ready! Rod, Elijah and I went with him while the girls played next door. I really didn't think he would do it, but we were only there for 30 minutes and came home with a brand new bike. The man at the bike store gave him three choices of colors: blue, green or red. He went with blue! Unbelievable! Rodgers asked the man how much it was. When the guy told him, Rodgers said, "Oh I have way more than that!" And unlike the day he opened his savings account at the bank and broke into a sweat when he had to hand over his money to the banker, there was no sweating today! As he was walking the bike out of the store, he turned and said, "I'm gonna put this baby in the trunk!" He took it for his first ride around the driveway when we got home! He was such a little man, and I am so proud of him and his first big transaction!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment