The months are flying by! There is too much going on! For all you frustrated blog followers, I will try to update on our lives...
Kylie had her end-of-year program and picnic. We got to hear some fun songs, and eat together. Hard to believe the whole year is over! She headed to Pinehurst right after finishing school to start her summer vacation!
Rodgers graduated from Kindergarten last week. It was a fun program! He "played" saxophone, they all sang a few songs, and they received diplomas. There was a cake and ice cream reception afterwards. Nana Stewart, Uncle Will, "Aunt" Megan, Nana Kathy, Papa Fred, Nana & Papa B, Miss Charity, and Imani joined in the festivities!
Elijah doesn't slow down long enough to warrant graduating from anything. He just seems to get into more and more everyday...all the while watching for reactions from everyone. He is happy that his brother and sister don't leave him anymore, though.
The morning after Rodgers' graduation, the kids and I headed to PA with Nana & Papa B for a vacation! (Makes it much easier to keep the house clean! ha ha!) We got here Friday night in time to grill some brats and dogs and eat dinner with Patti and Linda. We settled in and slept a little before heading out the next morning for Leigh Ann's baby shower. That was a fun day of seeing "long lost" family members we hadn't seen for years. We went swimming after the shower, ate dinner at Aunt Rita’s house, then headed home. The kids LOVED playing with Bryan & Cherylee's kids, and are already looking forward to playing with them again in August at the reunion. Sunday morning was church, which the kids struggled to make it to after their late night, then home for brunch and naps. I picked Rod up at the airport; how fun that he gets to come spend the week with us!!! We went out on the boat for a wild, windy ride; the river is SO HIGH from all the rain! We docked at Dockside Willie’s and went in for pizza and beer (and lemonade), then “parked” the boat and headed home. We are trying to take it easy today to rest up, but the kids got up early and have going strong ever since so I’m not sure it’s working. They have been playing cards, marbles, baking Cinnamon Cake, playing house, etc. Kylie is about to go deliver Meals On Wheels with Nana, which is so fun since I remember doing that starting when I was her age. Rod, Rodgers, and Linda are going to play golf in a little bit. I’m sure Eli and I will be walking over to the farm to see the cows again. He thinks they are the greatest!
I’m sure there will be many more adventures to come this week, so I’ll try to update again soon. We drive home this weekend, then the kids are in Vacation Bible School in Columbia next week, then we go to the lake with Kathy & Rocky that weekend, then home for a couple days, then to Pinehurst and the beach for the week with my family. We will be home a few days in July, I think…what happened to my slow, quiet summer?
We have had one showing a week at our house. I guess we are in the fifth week now. Crazy. I’m ready for a contract and closing date, so I can plan the move. Speaking of move, Rod will start at a different facility next Monday, which is an hour away from the town where we thought we would live, so we are back to square one on looking for a place to live and a school for the kids. AHHHH! Oh well. You can pray we find him a new place to stay for the month of June, though. He had such a great set-up in Conyers.
Elijah’s ears are not infected at the moment – well they weren’t last Wednesday anyway – but he still has fluid in both ears, so we have to go to the ENT next Monday for a consultation. Not sure what the outcome will be, but at least he is off antibiotics for the week!
Well, I’m off to rally kids. Pictures and videos to follow. I forgot the camera cord, so it may not be until I get home…
Monday, June 01, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment