Let the blessings shower down!!! I have survived! The work on the house, at least the work I am responsible for, is over!!! I threw my paint brush out last Monday! What a glorious day! I now live in a completely different house, which is a little sad honestly, but I'm hoping someone walks in the door, loves it, and buys it soon!
I don't even know where to begin when it comes to catching you up on the last month of life here. Elijah was in a cast for most of it. He went back for his follow up check and xray only to find out that both bones in his arm had aparently been broken and have not fully healed yet. However, I had already taken his cast off and he seemed to be fine with it, so the doctor said I could leave it off and he would just recheck him in 3 more weeks. He is doing great, and there should be no future problems because of any of this.
Rod is working in Atlanta...well outside of it...and it is going really well. He is working some long, hard hours, but getting used to the night shift and thinks it will actually work great once we are down there since he will end up seeing the kids more this way. A pastor down there hooked him up with a guy to stay with, so that has been perfect. We looked at some apartments for once we are all down there and Rod is checking out some rental houses as well. We are SO READY to all be together again!!! The kids are very impressed with Daddy's new job since one of his first days of training he had to attain his fork lift driver's license and he now gets to drive around on a golf cart to manage everyone! They really think he just plays all night!
Rodgers is alternating between excitement to move and sadness at leaving his school and friends. Kylie is ready to pack her bags and go, but I don't think she realizes that her friends won't still be able to come over all the time. The 5 hour drive concept has not been grasped. Eli is oblivious, but getting really good at cleaning up his toys.
I think having the house on the market has been good for me. Hard, but good. We have gone through everything and simplified a lot. The house is clean, which makes my life easier. The kids are learning to make their beds (which Kylie is REALLY good at!) and keep things picked up. Most of all, it just keeps me distracted from being away from Rod. Our house has been on the market for 2 weeks now. Two couples have come through and they both loved it. One couple still doesn't know for sure they are moving into the area, though. The other made a low offer we are not accepting. But I do believe God has the perfect family for our house. I really hope they have kids for the sake of my neighbors!!!
Ok, besides the house...Kylie and Eli have both had ear infections all month. We have been through 4 rounds of antibiotics total. Kylie has pneumonia, but is doing pretty well with it. She gets tired really quickly, but it is still hard to keep her from going full force. Eli almost got hit by a car one day, but was rescued by his Tara across the street. Yesterday, he spent 2.5 hours in the ER after swallowing a dime and a penny. I hope he has extra guardian angels assigned to him! He is out of control and into everything. His first sentence, which came last week, was "Stop it! Don't do that!" He was saying it to me while changing his diaper....which is a major ordeal when his little butt is raw from 3 rounds of antibiotics!! He has started talking a lot more and repeating words, too.
Kylie went to the Charlotte Eagles soccer game last night with Amy and Dan. She had so much fun! She even put on a special outfit for her outing: her Steelers jersey, soccer shorts, socks, shin guards, and tennis shoes. However, after painting her toe nails, she switched out the lower part of her outfit for sandals to show off her toes! She wasn't too happy with Amy when they had to leave early, but thank goodness they did because she was wiped out!!!!
I only have one invitation order in the works right now, which is a blessing after having a bunch at once there for a while. It feels like everything is slowing down a little now, and I can finally breathe!
I will try to load some pictures on here soon to catch everyone up. Keep us in your prayers!
Saturday, May 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment