Thursday, April 09, 2009

Whistle while you work!

Wait, not really, I hate whistling! Seriously, if you love to work...or really if you love to paint...party at my house! We have been working like dogs...actually, do dogs really work? We have been working like...crazy...trying to get the house ready for Kerry to even come over to talk about listing it. Sounds like quite a process, huh? Well, that is how it goes when you have 3 kids (+1 most of the time) and you live in an old house! We painted for WAY TOO MANY HOURS Monday and Tuesday, but got the upstairs bedrooms done. It feels good now that it is over, but have I ever told you that I HATE PAINTING?!?!?! I will say, though, that under different circumstances I might consider liking it now. My mom taught me how to trim out the edges of the room with an angled brush so I don't have to use painters tape (on my "most hated things" list), and I am getting really good at it! Rod was all over the place since he had to paint, put down quarter round, install threshholds, hang blinds, fix hardwood floors, etc. I just had to paint...and pack some stuff. I can't believe all this is really happening!!!! I have so much to do! I will be painting the kitchen among other things next week. Stay tuned as I am sure I will have lots of "fun" stories for you.
Seriously, Rod starts his job Monday. Yes, I mean the day after Easter. So, if you are bored, and love me, and want me to not go crazy being a single mom, then COME OVER! I will love you forever!

3 comments:

amanda said...

Time for Owen & Elijah to get their play date on!

Kerry said...

You are doing a great job Angie, and it will soon pay off!!! We will certainly be over this week!

Kristen Shoemaker said...

Wish I could come over...I feel your pain and I will be praying "hard" like down on my face "hard" for ya'll during this time. Miss you soooo much.