Thursday, April 09, 2009

3rd kid. 1st broken bone. Not bad!


Sorry Elijah, but I am still feeling like we have made out pretty well so far! Although, I have said almost from the time you were born that we were in for some rough times with you! :)
Elijah had another trip to the ER today. It is what he likes to do when he is in Pinehurst. He is making friends there. Anyway, as many of you know, he fell off the bed LAST FRIDAY while playing with Rodgers. What we have been categorizing as a really bad sprain...turns out is really a buckle fracture in his radius. Sorry about that little guy! If you weren't such a tough one, maybe we would have known you were actually in a lot of pain??? Oh, yeah, and sorry I kept testing it to see if you could put pressure on it...turns out the doctor said putting weight on it could actually break it all the way thru and make it a lot worse. I'm such a good mom!!!
Well, they put a little splint/half-cast on it and wrapped it up, but he has to get casted after we are back in Charlotte. So far it is definitely not slowing him down, though he is determined to pull all gauze out from between his fingers.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

ELI!!! WHAT!!! I told your mom to take you to the doctor! I'm sorry buddy! Get better soon so you and Brennan can jump on the bed together again...wait...isn't that how you broke your wrist? Maybe we'll have to find a new game.