...and we are still in limbo. BUT, we are sheltered, fed, and cared for, and God is still in control, so it's not all that bad. Please do keep praying for our house to sell!!
Let's see, we've been to Hilton Head and to Richmond! Nana Kathy and Papa Fred have a timeshare in HH, so we all tagged along to see what it was like, and IT WAS WONDERFUL! It was my first trip to the island, and we had so much fun on all the bike trails! We rode for miles and miles! Rod was there for the first weekend, so that was great. Rodgers and Kylie had two days of tennis lessons, we played games, swam in the pools, flew kites on the beach, had turtle races in the activities room, ate seafood, shopped...and more. It was a blast! Then, Mom and Dad took the kids back to Pinehurst and I got to head to Jacksonville for a weekend with my husband!!!!! That was so nice. The hotel room seemed much bigger with only 2 people in it. We went to the beach, visited another church, and met some of my parents' friends for lunch and a fun afternoon together. Then, I went back to Pinehurst Monday.
I rode up to Richmond Friday with Mom, Dad and the kids to celebrate Peyton's first birthday and Halloween! We had a great time! It was fun for the kids to all get to play together. Aunt Patti and Linda, and Nana & Papa B were there as well. Peyton is getting SO BIG! She is starting to walk...growing up fast! She is all smiles and happy!
Trick-or-treating was a hit! Elijah rode in Peyton's wagon with her and just got out to run up to the doors with the big kids. He always wanted "one more house" and "more candy for me!" Of course it sounded like "a mo house" and "mo tandy fo me!" The lady at one house told him he was the cutest thing she had seen all night, and he looked up at her and said, Thank you (aka "Nank new") He was dressed up like a doggie (aka "dado"), Rodgers was a Star Wars Clone Trooper, and Kylie was...Fancy Nancy, of course! We tried to get Eli to be Posh Puppy, but he said "NO" to the boa and other frilly things. We went to church with Ian on Sunday, then to lunch with the whole gang, and headed back to Pinehurst after a quick stop at Peyton's house. We were all exhausted when we got home. -evidence of a fun-filled weekend!
This week has mostly been unpacking, laundry, repacking, "speed school" as I like to call it (Rodgers likes to do the whole week in one day), and the wrap up breakfast for Bible Study (SO glad I was in town this week!!! I have a couple errands to run tomorrow morning, then we head to Columbia. Rod will meet the kids there this weekend while I head TO THE MOUNTAINS WITH THE GIRLS!!!! I don't think I have ever needed a girls weekend so badly! The timing could not be better, and I can't wait to get to that cabin in the mountains to eat, laugh, cry, share, sleep(?)...ahhhhh.
The only sad part is that I don't know when I will be back in Pinehurst. We have been so spoiled to be here with Nana Kathy and Papa Fred and Hobbes (aka "Ralph" WHAT?!?!), and have loved having the time all together. But we are planning to stay with Rod in Jax as long as he is there with a hotel room now. He still hasn't gotten much information, so I guess we'll just keep on playing it by ear...and hoping for Jax...and for the sale of our house. (please please please)
Would love to hear from you...
Wednesday, November 04, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Ang, Love the pics. Rodgers looks so big in them. Even tho we were just with him, he's looking and acting so "big". It was great to be with you. Know God has something just right for you and what a special blessing to learn to TRUST. Love you all, Nana B
Post a Comment