I'm sitting here in my comfy green chair looking across at the sofa where my three little monkeys are laying around on each other and wondering how in the world to catch you up on the past couple months when I am not yet caught up? Well, here goes:
Our weeks are busy! We have church Sunday morning and Small Group Sunday night. Monday afternoon is jazz/tumble/ballet for Kylie, then baseball practice for Rodgers. Tuesday night is soccer practice for Kylie, ESOL class for me, and sometimes a baseball game for Rodgers. We usually go to the zoo on Wednesdays. Wednesday night is Awana for R and Ky, and date night for Rod, Eli and I. GLORIOUS THURSDAYS are usually free of obligation except the occasional baseball game for R. Same for Friday. Saturdays are soccer games and baseball games...HOPEFULLY not at the same times, cause that makes it even crazier! And then we start over.
Rod's work schedule changed. He now works Saturday through Tuesday and is home Wednesday through Friday. I love this schedule even though the weekends are hard without him. He is having trouble adjusting because of missing so much of the kids' sports and church Sunday morning. But, it will not be forever.
Rodgers is doing really well with school. He loves word problems and hates handwriting. He is amazing at Bible (we are mostly using Awana); I really wish I had his memory for scripture! He has read some great books lately, and is currently finishing up Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson about his work to build schools for the children in Pakistan and Afghanistan. He has such a heart for people in other countries, and it is exciting to watch that passion growing. A fun story from Bible memorization:
Me: Did you start your new Awana book?
R: Yes, but the beginning has a lot of stuff I already know.
Me: You just keep going until you get to the new stuff.
R: Like John 3:14-16. We already did that.
Me: Well, those are important verses, so they want to make sure you remember them. Most people, like me, need to review verses a lot to make sure we remember them.
R: Well I know it. It is a key verse in Sparks (his class).
Me: Did you know that if you tell someone John 3:16 you can explain the whole story of Jesus with just one verse?
R: Actually, it has everything a sinner needs to know.
Me: That's right.
R: I will probably be using that verse a lot.
Precious boy! I pray you do!!!
This is Rodgers' first season playing baseball. We wanted to get him in this season while he still could hit off the tee for the first couple games, but he does really well with coach's pitch. He is having a lot of fun, and is amazing at first base! If we can get his allergies cleared up (FL pollen is kicking his butt!) he will have an even better time!
Kylie is full-throttle, as always. She knows everyone's name in dance, soccer, Awana, and at Rodgers' baseball games. She is the social director and organizer of all the sibling activities off the baseball field. She is learning all the routines for her recital in May. She is playing hard on her soccer team, and scoring goals! She looks like a pro out there! She will enter the Academy in the Fall which has trained coaches and lots of skills training. She is SO excited!
Kylie is still my artist/drama/musical girl. I love all the games and shows she comes up with! She is getting a good grasp on letter sounds and working hard on reading. She is also my very own personal GPS. No matter where we are going, she knows how to get me there and how to get me home. She definitely has her daddy's sense of direction!
Eli...well he's 2 and a half!!! Just kidding! He is a sweet boy, and still loves making people laugh at him. He has progressed from telling everyone his name is "nothing" to "Popeye", and now FINALLY "Eli! E.L.I. Eli!" And poor Rod keeps trying to tell him it's "Elijah," but he just says, "No! Eli!" He loves to play cars and trucks, ride his bike and his scooter, cook, and sing. He wishes he were old enough to play soccer, and we haven't been able to keep him off the practice field yet. So, looks like another soccer player, which equals a super happy daddy! I'm holding on to my hope that he will remain a mama's boy, so I at least have someone on my side!!!
..........
Ok, I just logged back in to blog and had written all this before and never posted it...so I'm posting it now! (written 3/25/10)



1 comment:
I love reading about what the kids and you guys are doing. It sounds like such a wonderful time filled with so many memories. It also makes me sad that I have to read about it instead of cheering for them on the sidelines with you. I miss you my friend!
Post a Comment