Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Hate mailbox full!

OK OK OK OK OK! Stop badgering me! Here's your update!
Obviously a lot has happened since last time. The Steelers game is over now and life has resumed. Rodgers and Kylie are friends most of the time, which is nice for them and better for me. Both of them are now going on the potty. I started training Kylie on Monday by accident...she went in her training pants 2 times and then no more accidents. She now goes by herself, exclaiming "SICK!" each time after going...hopefully that part won't last. She really has been amazing, though, and definitely acts like it is no big deal. Praise the Lord...since I couldn't have survived another Rodgers experience.
We are on our 3rd day of rain here in Charlotte, and to say the natives are restless would be a definite understatement. I need you to stop reading this, get on your knees, and pray that it stops raining before we need an ark. Actually, they might not mind the rain if they had an ark...so if it doesn't stop soon, I need you to come over and help us build an ark.
We have been on our beach trip with Rod's family and had a blast! Both kids love the ocean, although our fearless Kylie actually showed some fear the first day, but it didn't last long. We have also been to Pinehurst and PA to spend some time with family. We made a quick stop in Richmond to see Uncle Ian and Aunt Courtney and their 2 big doggies, which left an even bigger impression on Kylie. She asks at least every other day to "go see unca een and da big doggies!" (mind you, she wanted nothing to do with them when we were there!)
We are now gearing up for the arrival of Nana Kathy and Nana Irwin next week and our trip to the beach with the whole clan the following week! I can't wait simply because none of them realize what they are getting into!!!! HAHAHA!
What else have we been doing???? Kylie is learning her colors and just about has them down. We are starting on shapes, and those have been easier so far. Rodgers wants to know how to spell everything and is very interested in how to read and what everything says. He has a special school book that he is allowed to use if he holds his crayon the right way, which he mostly refuses, but every once in a while his desire for the new book wins out and we work on holding his crayon.
We have been doing lots of crafts around here...I will try to get some pictures of some of the favorites downloaded. We also started doing ABC Bible verses, and I finished painting the canvases with their letters and the verses, but they aren't hung yet (my part is done; we are waiting on Daddy). We have only memorized the verse for A so far, but I figure we have 15 more years before Rodgers is ready to move out, so we should be good.
Rodgers found out that Daddy doesn't like orange, so he doesn't like it either because "it isn't cool." Which leads us to Kylie's latest phrase: "Is that cool, Mama?"
Daddy got a promotion at work and is working hard. He is probably as tired of the rain as the rest of us.
Mama is somehow keeping busy while staying home and not working. I don't know how I make the days pass, but eventually it always comes to an end. It would be nice if you would all email me so I would have something to do.
Until next time...and I am promising NOTHING!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angie,

Why don't you start a career as a writer. You are awesome. How about a newspaper column daily entitled, What's a mother to do?

Also, as a grand parent, what is a blog update without pictures? I mean, really, we read enough of your writing through school - more pictures of cute children!

Anonymous said...

you are back! Praise God.....so are we going to home school together Ms. Teacher? I am so excited K is going on the potty, way to go Kylie and Mama!! We love you, Betty and the boys

Anonymous said...

oh, and can I get my ABC Bible verse by Christmas??? betty