

(Extra points if you know what song lyrics the title of this blog is from!)
I was JUST writing an email to one of my favorite friends, Laura, saying how easy it is to do a blog without pictures....ANYWAY!
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! I'm not a Dad, so it's not my favorite day, but the kids had fun making presents!
It is Sunday, which means we are almost at the one week mark of potty training Kylie, and YEA she is a gold medal winner!!!! She did have an accident at church this morning, but that fault is resting on the fact that she didn't know where the potty was in her room because someone forgot to show her...
Where did we leave off last time? Oh yeah, rain. I flew the coop right after chatting with you guys, and we headed to Chuck E. Cheese! Time for an aside: Chuck E. Cheese is about 15 minutes from our house, and Kylie asked if we were there yet about 2 miles out of our driveway, so keep that in mind as you think of us driving to the beach this weekend...) Chuck E. Cheese was MADNESS since Mama forgot school is out now and we didn't have a private playground there anymore...sad. But they had a blast and Kylie ran to their potty by herself (with me chasing after) twice while we were there. She also graduated to the big kid playground area where she followed her brother through the huge maze of tubes until she finally came out the bottom of the slide at the feet of her mama who was probably blue from holding her breath while praying she didn't have to climb up there after her to help her out!! The sun came out again that afternoon and we played a new game called "pick up all the sticks in the yard that the wind and rain blew down and put them in a pile." Don't you all wish you could've played??? Fun times.
Our next door neighbor, Will, got a fun new sprinkler with wiggle ropes on it, so we got to play in that, as well as our "fountain" sprinkler in our yard yesterday, so things are back to happy here.
Daddy is in heaven since for Father's Day he got his cable turned back on just in time for the US Open and The World Cup soccer games. I'm guessing I'll talk to him again in August??? Isn't that when the Cup is over??
Mama is busy working on multiple projects trying to finish things up before we head out to the beach. We'll see what actually gets finished.
Oh, and the kids memorized A, B, and C verses this week! They are doing great! Rodgers really wants to do R, so this might not take as long as I originally thought. I wish I had a tape recorder so you all could hear them...so cute...especially Kylie as she tries to rememeber all the words and numbers!



No comments:
Post a Comment