Friday, July 27, 2007

TGIF!!!

I'm not sure I've ever meant it more than I do today: TGIF!!! This has been the longest week ever!!! Maybe just the combination of the past month catching up with me...or maybe I am just going to feel this worn out for the next 7 weeks??? I hope not the latter! Whatever it is, the combination of being tired plus the kids testing me and trying my patience all week has ended up with me renaming myself "Discipline Woman" because that is all I feel like I have done all week long. I am ready for Daddy to be home!

I have tried to keep the kids busy this week. We have been out running errands, swimming at the pool, went to lunch with Daddy and saw his new neighborhood...and we have done a lot of laundry and cleaning up around here.

The kids got new bunk beds. Rodgers now has a full-size "big bed" on the bottom and Kylie still has the top bunk. The new beds have a built in bookcase, which is their favorite feature, especially for Rodgers because he can now reach all his books from bed. He is in heaven. The only problem with this bed: Kylie now wants to sleep with "my brother" every night because she knows his bed is big enough for both of them now. Daddy finally let her the other night, so I got a picture after they both fell asleep. They slept fine together until the morning when Rodgers started moving and Kylie cried for me. I went running in there so she wouldn't wake him up and she said, "Rodgers is kicking me!" So she got up TOO EARLY that day and I haven't let her sleep down there with him since.

Speaking of sleeping, we have figured out that it really does matter to Rodgers which direction his bed faces, and that his new bed faces the wrong way! I first noticed something weird when I was sharing a bed with him at the beach. Normally he doesn't move at all during the night, but several times in the night I would wake up to find his head coming straight at me and him laying sideways in the bed. I jokingly said something to Rod about wondering which direction he was facing and whether that was the way his bed was at home. Well, I totally forgot all about it until last week when I was talking to mom and she said he kept turning in the bed the night he slept with her. So, I asked her which direction he turned and she said he always turned to be heading South. Huh, same as at the beach. And same as in his bed at home...that is, until we put up the new bed! Good thing he has a full-size because now every morning he wakes up sideways in his bed!

This morning got off to a rough start. Kylie choked, or I guess gagged really, on her breakfast and ended up throwing up all of her orange juice all over herself and the island in the kitchen. She was hysterical and screaming for "my Daddy right now!" Aren't kids supposed to want their mother when they are sick??? What is going on? Talk about a Daddy's girl! Anyway, I finally got her calmed down, wrapped in a blanket, and sitting in a chair while I cleaned up. She still didn't want me to hold her.

Now we are just waiting for the pool to open! It doesn't open til 12:00 on Fridays because it stays open until 10pm. It is great to stay open late so maybe Daddy can come tonight, but it isn't really helping me right now. Maybe we will attempt Costco???
A special HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TYLER!!!! Tyler is 5 today!!! I can't believe our boys are growing up! Rodgers is a little sad that he still isn't 5 and says he doesn't want to have to wait longer. He also said he would stop being sad if Tyler would have his jumping party today instead of next week. Oh well, sorry buddy! But anyway, I love you, Tyler, and am so proud of the big boy you are becoming!

No comments: