Saturday, July 28, 2007

Fun-filled Saturday!

Kylie got us off to an early start today. She and Daddy went down to make grits and cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Rodgers woke up shortly after they went down so we all got to eat together. I successfully changed the sheets on the bunk beds for the first time this morning! It actually was much easier than the previous bunk beds, so for that I am grateful! We headed out for the cul-de-sac playgroup around 9:30 am where the kids got to ride bikes with Owen, Jule, Will, and Amani. (I meant to take my camera, but forgot it. Maybe next time...) They had a great time, and thankfully it was still overcast and not too hot for us parents to stand around. Daniela ended up being the favorite mom of the day when she brought out juice boxes and Diego snacks for everyone. We rode our bikes home and jumped in the van to run over to Paige's house. Daddy fixed her windows so they would lock and a couple of her doors. Paige, the kids, and I went for a walk while he worked and got quite sweaty as the heat of the day finally caught up to us. We came home for lunch, playing, rearranging some things in the kids' room, then suited up and headed for the pool. Kylie had a breakthrough last night with Daddy at the pool and started swimming under water without her swimmies!!! I was excited to get to the pool and see how she would do today. Both kids went without swimmies and did a GREAT job swimming! Kylie can really hold her breath a long time. We are still trying to teach her that she can stick her head up to get air along the way while she swims. She says "I can't do that" and keeps holding her breath until she's almost blue. Oh well. We had a blast up at the pool and stayed for a couple hours. We came home so Daddy could mow the grass while Mama cooked dinner. We had a yummy dinner and everyone cleaned their plates (WHAT????)! Then I cleaned the kitchen while the kids and Daddy cleaned up the playroom. We reconvened to eat cookies and play UNO. It was hilarious! Kylie did a really good job; I think it is helping her with her numbers. Rodgers just likes to announce what cards he has in his hand, so I don't think he gets it. He does really like when he gets to say "UNO!" He also sometimes tells us when he has dos and tres. We each won one game and then Kylie won the fifth, so she is the UNO champion for the night. She has quite a game face. The kids just finished playing I SPY with Daddy and headed up to bed, so I am going to run up and give some kisses and cuddles. Rodgers is ready for church tomorrow; he has his Bible verse memorized and is so excited to say it in class! Next time you talk to him be sure to ask him about Prov. 3:5. He would love to show you the hand motions.

2 comments:

the swineharts said...

ah, kylie is so big!!! and so cute!!!!!

Suzi said...

Hi Angie! What fun to look at your pictures! You look great being pregnant. Email me with your due date. We will be back home the end of August. Hope we can catch up sometime before I get to old to remember who you are!