We have been doing a lot of bike riding around here. Mostly the kids ride up to the pool everyday (except for the one day this week I didn't have enough energy and made them get in the car so I didn't have to carry all the stuff). Did I mention how much I DON'T like when they decide to race home and I have to JOG HOME with my big belly and all the pool stuff in my arms? I really may have a heart attack one of these days. Yesterday when I finally made it up the driveway, Rodgers said, "Mama, we got here so much faster than you did! You should practice running so you can be faster." Thanks bud.
Yesterday morning from the moment Kylie got out of bed until 10:35, at least once every 7 or 8 minutes I heard, "Is the jumping place open yet?" That's right...3 1/2 hours of the same question over and over and over and over. Now, I love Tyler, and I loved his party, but if we ever go back to Pump It Up for a birthday party I hope it is at 8:00 am!!!! Once we got to the party the kids had an absolute blast! Kylie had a lot more confidence even just since being there in April. She still hesitated at first, but after Rodgers took her up on of the slides, she never stopped. She even made it through the obstacle course a few times which is where she got stuck last time. It is really hard to catch pictures of them on all that stuff so the pics aren't very good.
They also have a big inflatable 
basketball court to jump in and throw balls through hoops. Rodgers loved playing that and when I asked him how many baskets he made he said, "I made so many! I am the star!" After playing, they got to have pizza and cake and watch Tyler open his presents! It really was a lot of fun! I had fun catching up with all the other moms while we were there...there was lots of baby talk since baby Ava was there with Betty, MC had her new baby Jayce there (who was born Saturday, by the way!) and the three others of us who were there are all pregnant! The staff must think we are a crazy bunch!
Well, good thing for them they had a good morning because it definitely went downhill when we headed to the pool. They were all excited getting ready and riding down there. We got there around 2:30 and their swim lesson was at 3:15. Well something happened in those 45 minutes, because when Sarah came over to do their lesson, neither kid would put on their goggles or swim with her or kick with the board or dive for the toys or even talk to Sarah really. Rodgers ended up having a meltdown and getting out of the pool. I went to deal with him and turned around and there was Kylie out of pool saying she was cold and that she wanted to go home. After trying everything to get them back in the pool, I finally gave up, made them pack up the toys, and took them home. Not the best $10 ever spent. That is for sure!!! Just think, in babysitting that would have been a whole hour away from them!!! In Starbucks that would have been two green tea frappacinos. In Breyers buy-one-get-one-free that would be 2 gallons of ice cream...ok, let's just stop before I get sad.
Speaking of getting sad...last night on So You Think You Can Dance, Dominic got sent home. It was a very sad night for me. For some reason I think Rod enjoyed it...or maybe he just thought it was funny that I was in denial that it was going to happen? Anyway, something tells me the next few weeks will not be as fun or as funny to watch. I will miss you Dominic!!!!
The kids are still all about card games - or "hard games" as Kylie calls them. UNO is still the favorite and has become the nightly routine. Kylie is a fast player. Rodgers gets the most mischievous look on his face right before smacking you with a draw 2 or draw 4...he enjoys that way too much.
Well, not much on for today, unless they actually let me get cleaning done...I'm not counting on that, so that will probably be tomorrow...which means today will be the pool. I might need some caffeine first...



No comments:
Post a Comment