Friday, August 17, 2007

Friday night!

I love Fridays! I feel like I don't really have much to update you on. We've had a couple busy days around here. Tyler and Bryce came over for a playdate Wednesday morning, and the kids loved that! Then I got to cuddle Avary when Betty got back from running errands, and that is always fun! She is so beautiful!
On Thursday, Kathy took William to see the Lion King here in Charlotte, so Becky, Bennett and Walker came to play while they were there. It was a wild and crazy time in our playroom and they loved being together! Walker is now walking all over the place and looks so grown up! Becky went to pick Kathy and William up after the play and they came back here until dinner time. We had a big tea party/meal in the playroom, the kids "went to the beach" in the train tent, they played baseball and soccer out in the yard...they were all over the place! All of them were soaked with sweat by the time they were getting ready to leave. And I was about to melt into a puddle! We ate dinner after they left and then just kept sitting at the table and played games until bedtime. Fun times. Rodgers and Kylie traded beds last night...Kylie was on the bottom and Rodgers was on the top bunk. Kylie fell right asleep, but Rodgers was awake for a while just laying and talking. This morning we ran errands, and Rodgers and I had the following conversation:
Rodgers: There's Food Lion! I love shopping at Food Lion! (We were just driving past it.) But you know what I like even better than Food Lion?
Mama: What?
Rodgers: Fresh Market!
Mama: (laughing) You do? Me too! I love Fresh Market! Why do you like Fresh Market better?
Rodgers: Well, first of all, because I go with Nana Kathy. And second of all, because they have cookies.
I don't think I will draw attention to the fact that Food Lion also sells cookies...but he is right that it is always more fun to shop with Nana! :)
Anyway, after errands, we came home and ate lunch and played games. It has been a lazy day! It is overcast here, so I am praying for rain, but knowing it probably won't happen. I did repaint the kitchen this week and most of the den. We are still working on the floor in there, but hope to finish tonight. It is crunch time!!! This baby is coming soon! I have four weeks at the most from today...wild. I know it is getting close to time because I am now starting to have dreams about my water breaking. You know, I wake up in the middle of the night (those few nights when I actually am sleeping) thinking I am in labor, only to realize I was dreaming...bummer! One day it won't be a dream, then I will probably be wishing it were! haha!
Well, the kids are running around screaming something about super heroes dressed in the ponchos from Kylie's fiesta party which apparently are their capes...so I guess I will go see who they are saving. -and maybe rescue Hobbes, who is hiding under the dining room table right now with his ears down. I only have a couple more hours before I get to drop them off with Daddy and go to a Pampered Chef party with Kerry and Caroline!!! Yippee!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Angie,
Food Lion has cookies but they don't give you a free one like Fresh Market does - if you are a kid!

Love the stories. Dad