Monday, August 06, 2007

A couple more moments I forgot...

...from the past few days.
Saturday morning Kylie was getting dressed and I was putting away laundry in her room. I said, "Ky, what are you going to wear today." She said, "I don't know. Do you know what Jule is wearing?" When I said no, she went over to her window and looked out to see if she could see her. "Oh, she's not home," she said. Ha, visions of things to come. I wonder how long before she'll be on the phone...can't you just hear her? "Jule, what are you gonna wear?" 3 going on 13...
Sunday night I was sitting on the couch and Elijah was doing aerobics or stretching or dancing or whatever it is he does when my stomach moves and jumps all over. I called Kylie up and told her to feel the big bump sticking out of my stomach. "What is that?!" she asked. I said, "that is Elijah's butt sticking out!" She said, "Oh it is naughty to stick out your butt, right?"
Today we were driving in the car and passed some boys on their bikes. The kids got all excited (they are all about riding bikes now) talking about his bike was black and his bike was red and they are so fast on their bikes and they are big boys and they are good at riding bikes and on and on and ON...anyway, then Kylie said, "We all can ride our bikes fast, too, right Mom?" And Rodgers said, "Yeah we are a real biker family!" I started laughing cause I got the funniest image of all of us riding our bicycles wearing Harley gear! I said, "yeah we are! A real biker family!" I love it!
Oh, and I just talked to Mom and she thinks that writing on this blog is my therapy. Maybe it is, but really I just think Rodgers' first year scrapbook is not finished yet and Kylie's is still in the wrapper, so assuming I never finish their scrapbooks (if you are into betting at all...) I may just have to print them each off a copy of the blog and give it to them one day...sad, but true.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ang, I have copies and my 3-ring notebook is full. I think it's a ream of paper. I love it. Keep 'em comin'. Love Nana

Anonymous said...

I think the therapy is working! But BMW gear, not Harley, for goodness sake!
NanaKathy