Friday, August 31, 2007

They're back!

Mom brought the kids back yesterday! They got here just before lunch, so we drove down to surprise Daddy at work! We got to hear all about their many adventures with Nana and Papa. I will have camping pictures this weekend to add for you, so check back for those later!
They had their first soccer practice last night. They were so excited all afternoon! They tried on their socks, shin guards and shoes, and Rodgers even went out to test them out in the yard beforehand. They also got new water bottles, so they were ready! I thought it would never be 6:00, but finally it was time to go. It was a little overwhelming for Kylie when we got there because all the kids from all the teams were together, but Rodgers ran right out and started meeting kids. He ran back to say, "Mom, making new friends is my favorite!" They each get their own ball at practice, and Rodgers managed to get one with red on it, of course. Daddy and our neighbor, Mr. Brian, are their coaches, but Daddy couldn't be there last night because of the Steelers game...I mean Panthers game...no, Steelers game...anyway, he had to miss the first practice, so that was a little sad. Nana Kathy stayed with them at practice and took pictures for us. They have practice every Thursday night and their first game is Saturday the 15th. It is going to be fun!


I left practice and met Kerry to go to the...football game. It started pouring rain right after we got there, but we didn't notice because we were in the press box! How fun! We got free dinner that was yummy and the most amazing dessert! Then we sat in the air conditioned press box and watched the game until it stopped raining. We went down to our seats after that until halftime when it started raining again. We decided to leave then. We did get some funny looks and lots of pregnant comments since we looked like the doublemint twins with our big bellies. Sorry I don't have pictures of it for you!
We ran some errands this morning (I have another screw in my tire...why do I keep going to construction sites?????) and then headed to Rodgers' school for open house and to meet his teacher, Miss Teresa. BOTH kids loved his classroom and all the fun things it had to offer. We played there for a while and talked with his teacher. There are 9 other kids in his class. He is going to have such a fun year! He was already giving Miss Teresa hugs and kisses by the time we left. His first day is Tuesday, and he can't wait!
Nana had to leave after school to head back to Pinehurst. She will come back tomorrow with Papa and Hobbes. So, we are just biding our time and playing until Daddy can come home! They are ready for some Daddy time!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ang! i love the pics of the first soccer practice! I cant wait to see a game! go rodgers and kylie!
amy holloway