Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Back online!

I know it has been a week, but our internet and cable were out last week and got fixed on Saturday. Since Saturday I have no excuse...other than I am eight+ months pregnant!!! Geez people!

It was so hot last week! It felt like every day we thought it couldn't get worse and then that silly weather man would say, "well, it looks like tomorrow will be another record-breaker..." JUST what I want to hear when I am getting ready to go to bed...Anyway, we played a lot inside last week. Kylie and I went to doctors appointments on Wednesday. She had her 3-yr check up which included a vision test and a HepA vaccination. Her vision is fine even though she told the woman the shapes weren't apples, they were hearts, and she didn't even cry when she got her shot. She just looked at me and then watched the nurse put the bandaid on. That afternoon the kids played at the pool with Amy while I went to the doctor for my 35 week check up (WHAT?!?!) All was good: low blood pressure, didn't gain as much as I was allowed, heartbeat sounded good. Next week I get more blood work done to see if I am still anemic...let's hope not or taking all this iron and feeling nauseous would've all been for nothing! Kylie got sick Wednesday night with a reaction to her vaccine...her fever went way up and she was really lethargic. I called the nurse who was oh-so-not-helpful and said, "yeah she may start with diarrhea and vomiting, too." Thanks. Anyway, she went to bed and woke up Thursday morning saying she was all better and felt fine. 30 minutes later she threw up. But after that she really did seem fine, so Thursday went on like normal. Betty and the boys...and Avary (how can it not be Betty and the boys anymore???) came over for a little while Friday morning. The kids had fun playing inside and out. It had been a while since they had hung out. Betty and I pretty much let them run wild while we sat and talked and she fed Avary. Caroline came up Friday night and she and I went over to Amy's to start setting up and getting ready for Kerry's baby shower on Saturday morning. We had a fun time hanging out, but stayed up too late! Saturday morning came early and we continued our rushing around. Kylie came along to "the girl party" and had a great time with all the ladies and younger girls. She got to hold baby Avary, and fell in love with Steven's mom.

She also ate two petit fours, so I would say she likes cake now! After cleaning up from the shower, we waited for the cable guy (who did come and save the day), then headed to the pool. We played there for a while and the kids showed Caroline how they swim like fish and Kylie went off the diving board for her! We came home and ate pizza and had a lazy evening. Sunday morning was church; Kylie got to come in big church because her class was closed. She did pretty well and ended up coloring pictures in the sitting area with Daddy. She loved that we had brownies! Daddy and Kylie spent the afternoon weeding the yard, and Rodgers and I stayed inside where it was cool! I got some scrapbooking done, then Rod worked on the floor in the den a little bit. Kerry and Steven came over to grill out with us, so we had fun eating and playing soccer in the yard! It was a fun weekend! Monday was hard for Mama because the weekend of no sleep caught up with me, the kids were whiney, and Owen and Jule who the kids wanted to play with weren't home yet from their weekend trip. I finally got Kylie down for a nap, and right after she woke up Tara called to say they were home!!!! Yippee! So we headed to the pool. It was the first day at the pool that I was uncomfortable. I am hoping I will not be hurting for the rest of my pregnancy because I was struggling yesterday, and I can't say today is much better. They say the end gets harder with each pregnancy, and I guess it is true because this is the worst so far. Ok, I am done complaining. We taught the kids how to play Mexican train dominoes last night. Rodgers loves dominoes and Kylie did pretty well, but got bored before it was over. When Rod finally won she said, "Can we play a game I like now?" Oh well. Rodgers, on the other hand has already asked to play twice today, so I guess we'll be playing with Daddy tonight?" Kylie woke up this morning crying for Daddy saying she didn't feel well. Great. She has been really whiney today and saying her tummy hurts. She hasn't really eaten much at all even though I keep trying. I am hoping it isn't anything? I finally got her to make a craft with me, which she loves, and she did fine during that. She and Rodgers are now building towers, so maybe the rest of the day will be better. Well, I am back off to the laundry room. I didn't do any all weekend, so it is payback time.

No comments: