Monday, August 06, 2007

Out of Context

You know how something taken out of context can have a totally different meaning? Well the same is true of pictures. Take this one for example: don't they look sweet? Just a little cuddle time, right? WRONG! They have been fighting all morning!!! This was taken on my phone when I stood over them and said that the next person to kick or hit their brother or sister was getting the spanking spoon. Then I told them to freeze because as I was standing over them I thought how cute they looked if I didn't think about how mad I was getting at them. I went to get my phone and came back and Hobbes had come over to lay on the blanket, and I thought, "oh now this really looks sweet and cozy." But just know when you see this "sweet" picture...things aren't always as they appear...

I just made the kids some macaroni and cheese and hot dogs for lunch, but didn't put the hot dogs on buns because I only had one left. This was the conversation I overheard when I walked out of the room:

Kylie: Oh look! It is a hot dog! It just got all cut up in peices. That is so funny! (She must forget that used to be how she ate them all the time.)

Rodgers: Kylie, it is called a 'dog.' All big kids call them dogs. You don't have to say 'hot dog.'

Kylie: Well Mom says 'hot dog' and she is bigger than a big kid cause she is a grown up.

Rodgers: Yeah, she can swim at adult swim.


Okay, first of all, I don't know what big kids he talks about hot dogs with, but I thought that was hilarious! I can't wait to hear what he comes home from school with!! And secondly, how does EVERY conversation in our house end up being about the pool??? What are we going to do when the pool closes??? It could be a really long year!!!


I do have a picture of them really being sweet to each other while out running errands on Saturday...of course right after this Rodgers almost pushed Kylie off the thing when she was trying to climb down:


One more picture for you of Kylie modeling her new outfit from Old Navy:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angie, Thanks for our laugh of the day. You made our day! What precious kids you have. Sure wish we could share more days with them. Nana B

Caroline said...

Kylie looks like she is as tall as Rodgers now!