"But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Savior..." Micah 7:7
When I came across these words they truly touched my heart...as in convicted me! In this season of hustle and bustle and scurrying around all in an effort to tangibly "show my love," I so often get off track. I have learned the necessity in my life of staying focused on Christ, and this season have been drawn back to the story of Mary. This month for her really was a month of waiting in expectation. I have been "full to the brim with baby" during pregnancy, and I imagine those last few days before His birth were just the same as the last few days with my kids...miserable. :) Yet, she knew who this precious babe in her belly was to be! Imagine the human excitement of waiting of your baby coupled with the knowledge that you would soon hold your Savior in your arms! While we are not about to hold our Savior and Lord in our arms, I am so ready for the vision of His open arms when He comes to bring us home! And all of that is possible because God our Father sent His Son on Christmas Day as our good and perfect Gift. How can we not watch for Him this season knowing the hope He has brought to us? All this to say, I hope this verse touches your heart and encourages you to remain focused on Christ: our hope, our Lord, our Savior.
Thursday, December 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Ang- thank you so much for sharing what you're learning. It is so very encouraging to me too.
Post a Comment