Thursday, December 04, 2008

Thanksgiving!

I figured I should share about Thanksgiving before it is Christmas...
We drove over to Pinehurst Wednesday evening.  It worked out perfectly that this was our year to be with my family since baby Peyton was there!  I enjoyed seeing her again and getting more snuggles and the rest of my little family loved meeting her!  I am trying to convince Rodgers that he can pretend she is his little sister and that I don't need to have another baby.  So far it is working!  Anyway, we had a lot of fun with the family!  Rod and I took the kids to the Pinehurst Hotel - actually I guess it is technically The Carolina Hotel now - to see the gingerbread village and all the Christmas decorations.  For any of you who do not know about the Hotel's Christmas layout, you HAVE to go!!!  They recreate the village of Pinehurst out of gingerbread!  It is incredible and one of my highlights of the season every year.  This year was especially fun as Rodgers discovered the list they have posted of all the ingredients; it lists how many pounds of sugar, how many bags of M&M's, etc.  He then, of course, had to look around until he identified all the parts, but it was really amazing to see what all went into it.  Anyway, we took some funny pictures and showed them the room where Rod and I met...our little walk down memory lane.  Then we got to go outside because the weather was so nice and play on the amazing front lawn.  The kids played tag and visited the reindeer.  Another treat: the horse and carriage was out front waiting to take someone for a ride, so we got to pet the horse and take pictures there, too!  It was a fun family evening.





1 comment:

Kerry said...

Great family pics! It looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving! Aren't you glad it was in Pinehurst??!!??