Kylie and I had a great start to our day! I painted the ceiling in the nursery. Owen and Jule came over for a little while. We ate lunch and then went to the pool with Will and Daniela for a few hours. Then I came home...and the den floor was all wet. After figuring out Hobbes didn't just pee on the floor because the floor was wetter a little while after soaking it up with a towel, I started snooping around wondering how water was coming up through the ground since our house is on a slab and it is DRY outside (remember, yesterday was the first rain in a month). I had all kinds of thoughts ranging from illogical like, "is this from running the sprinklers on the grass?" to logical like, "is this from messing with the upstairs plumbing over the weekend?" Well, my detective skills led me out to the utility closet, which sat in about 1.5 inches of water all streaming downward from the air conditioning unit. Lovely!!!!!!! So I threw every towel I could get my hands on in there and then did the next logical thing: panic and stare at the mess for probably about 5 minutes!!!! Then I called Rod to see if he could come home and rescue us. He said, hopefully soon, and gave me a guy's number to call. Well, I talked to dad while waiting for Mr. Fix-it and he diagnosed the problem correctly, of course...too bad he wasn't here to fix it and save me the $120...and the carpet...and the hardwoods. I will say it could've been a lot worse, so we got "lucky." Rod is still wondering if I planned this because I've been wanting him to rip up the den carpet for a long time. I promised him if I would've planned it, I wouldn't have messed up my hardwoods! So, we (as in Rod) have now ripped up another room in our house: the den. But I did complete one room today: the nursery. So they kind of cancel each other out. Maybe Rod has a point about me never letting his to-do list items get below a certain point? He was just complaining yesterday about how when he looked in the morning he only had one more thing to do and then in the afternoon he had five again. Funny...I don't know how that happens. Anyway, our other Mr. Fix-it (Rob) came tonight and started working some on the putting back in of our shower. Those are technical terms, by the way. So exciting. We did still manage to eat on the patio and enjoy the yard this everning. Kylie showed us how to put up the umbrella, so I am sharing those pictures as well. Well, friends, I am beyond tired. And I am sure Rod is, too, so I guess I will go help him instead of running my
mouth online. Hasta manana!

Monday, June 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment