Last week...let me think...everything is kind of running together...a little foggy in the brain...
Rodgers and I had great times reading tons of books, doing puzzles, making crafts, going on nature walks to collect leaves and acorns...even taking naps. I had a great time just with the boys while Kylie was gone. Elijah and I stared at each other a lot in the mornings. We also walked, went to Panera for breakfast, shopped at Target, cleaned the house, caught up with friends, and worked on a couple projects. We did not do very much laundry, so it is piling up. We also did not cook, but the women at church are covering that very well for us! Yummy dinners!
Rodgers decided his favorite song is Awesome God by Rich Mullins. He heard it on the radio and got quite excited. Here's how it went:
R: "Mom, did you hear that new song?" (NEW?! haha)
Me: "Yes, R, I heard the song."
R:"They said God is awesome. Do they know awesome means really big AND cool?"
Me: "Yes, buddy, they know it means that."
R: "Well, Mom, do you think God is cool?"
Me: "Yes, I do think God is cool. Do you think God is cool?"
R: "I guess so. But He really is big."
So the next day we get in the car to go to school and he says, "Will you put on my new favorite song? The Awesome God song?" I told him I didn't have that song and that it was just playing on the radio. He said, "Well, Mom, I'm gonna need you to get that song!" Thankfully Nana Kathy came a couple days later and had that song in her iTunes so we burned him a CD; He now listens to that one song over and over in the car until I can't take it anymore and have to change the CD. It is a great song, though, in that it refers to so many different Bible stories in the verses of the song that it makes a great trivia game for the kids...("...the Lord wasn't joking when He kicked them out of Eden..." OH! Like the garden of Eden! I get it! It is Adam and Eve! says Rodgers)
Rodgers did miss his sister while she was gone. In fact, he was a little mopey on Sunday, so we finally asked him what was wrong. He said, "I just wanted my sister to be home." So sweet.
Let's see...Rodgers also got to be line leader again this week. I really think this may get to be old news soon since there are only 10 kids in his class, but for now it is still a huge highlight and something we count down days til on his calendar. I was thankful Tuesday morning that he was line leader since I had to go into his room at 8:20 to WAKE HIM UP! He said to me when I walked in, "Mom, I heard Lightning McQueen talking (his alarm clock), but I just couldn't get up." So, I quickly reminded him he HAD to get up because he was line leader and his class needed him. He said, "Oh, yeah! I am! I need to get up!" Thank goodness!
Wednesday afternoon, Nana Kathy and Kylie got back from their trip just as Rodgers, Eli and I got home from school. It was a very exciting reunion, and Freddie (the classroom stuffed frog) got to be a part of it since he came to spend the night again. Rodgers and Kylie had a great time playing all afternoon. The house went from being very calm and quiet and relaxed to being filled with Kylie again! She is my daughter and it still even takes me a while to readjust to her being around...she really does talk non-stop...I mean really...Then we all gave Eli his first real bath in the kitchen sink since his cord FINALLY fell off the night before. The kids even got to take turns washing him off with the washcloth. Everyone had fun...including Elijah! He liked it much better than sponge baths!
Nana Kathy had to leave for Pinehurst on Thursday, but we all went to the mall first. That was a little overwhelming...not sure I am ready to take that on alone yet with the three crazies...
Thursday night was soccer practice. -which I made it to on time all by myself, thank you very much! They had their team pictures at the beginning of practice and then it started raining (YAY RAIN!!!!!), so they finished practice in the rain. They loved that! Eli slept through the whole thing in his car seat in the stroller which thankfully was fully covered.
Friday night the fam all hung out together. It had been a long time since we all were just at home hanging out!
Saturday was a fun-filled day! The big kids headed out to their soccer game with Daddy in the morning, and Eli and I headed to Betty's house to get ready for Amanda's baby shower. It was so fun to see Amanda and her pregnant belly! We had a blast at the shower! Then we just stayed and hung out because Dylan's birthday party was at 3:00, so Rod and the big kids just met up with us there. We all wore yellow for Dylan's yellow party! The kids had a great time decorating yellow tshirts, playing games and just being with the Swineharts! Rod and I got some great time with friends, too! It was a great Saturday. We ALL crashed when we got home at 7, though. Elijah had not slept much all day, so he was past the point of reason, and screamed for a good half hour before I got him calmed down and in bed. I then fell into a chair like a zombie.
We, as in I, ended up having a rough night last night since Eli got up every 1 1/2 hours to eat. Must be a growth spurt. You know it is bad when people at church in the morning are telling you that you look tired. Oh well. After lunch we came home and Daddy and Eli took a nap on the couch. Rodgers, Kylie and I cleaned up around the house and then got our boo bags together. Olivia Jane came and boo'd our house yesterday while Daddy and the kids were out in the yard, so we were supposed to boo two people today...only we had to boo four houses because Rodgers also wanted to boo his teacher's house, and Kylie wanted to boo Amy and CC! So we all went on a long walk around the neighborhood to all the houses we wanted to boo. The kids loved it! I should have taken my camera to get shots of them sneaking up to the houses to tape the ghosts on the front doors and hang the goodie bags on the doorknobs...in broad daylight. It was fun! Then Rod got the pictures off the camera and onto the computer so I could post them for everyone. The kids just got done making ice cream and went to bed.
Whew...I think I am caught up! Although I know you aren't getting all the fun stories you used to get when I blogged more often. Sorry. This is how it is now. :)
Oh, ok, one story. Today as we are in the car, Rodgers is telling Rod about the store at the mall that we walked through that had a bunch of Halloween decoration stuff. He told him there were skeletons and black cats...then he said, "and there were Mommies. No Daddies, just mommies all wrapped up." LOL! I laughed so hard!
Y'all have a good night...I'm heading to bed!!!



1 comment:
ang, it was SOOO great to see you this weekend! i miss you already! give eli a squeeze for me! :)
Post a Comment