Monday, October 29, 2007

No excuses!


































Okay, I have no more excuses! Here are some pictures and your blog!




We have been busy around here! Nana Stewart came to visit and spend the night so she could come along to watch a soccer game. We loved having her here! On Saturday the 13th, the kids had cupcakes with candles and sang Happy Birthday to Eli for his one month birthday. Daddy thought Mama was crazy for doing it, but they loved it! On Tuesday the 16th, Eli and I went up to the hospital to meet his new little friend, Brennan! He finally got here after being induced the day before...poor Kerry! But he is adorable and we can't wait to play with him more! Kylie is dying to see him, but I won't let her because she has a cough, which also means I haven't gotten any more time with him since he got home because I have too many kids!!! haha! One funny thing about being up at the hospital with Eli was that I kept getting stopped by the nurses in the hall because they thought I was stealing a baby! They kept checking me to make sure he didn't have hospital bracelets on! Eli had his one month check up at the doctor Wednesday the 17th. He weighed 10.5 lbs and is now 23 inches long. The doctor said he is "perfect" of course, just like he said about all the others (and no doubt says to every single parent he sees...but we'll take it!). He also said, "well, hello, 'little Rodgers'" right when he walked in the room! He says they will be twins separated by 5 years! He may just be right since Eli's hair is starting to get that red tint, too! Elijah is talking alot more now, playing more, being awake for longer periods, and smiling! So fun! Elijah took his first bottle from Rod. It was an experiment; I was sitting right next to them, but I wanted to know if he would take one. He gulped it right down, though he did have a confused look on his face while looking up at Daddy! Kylie went on a field trip with the Swineharts to Lazy Five Ranch last Friday morning. She loved it and came home all excited talking about all the animals. It is a place where you drive through the zoo in your car and feed the animals right from your windows or doors.


Check out the video clip on Betty's blog: http://www.theswineharts.blogspot.com/

We took Rodgers to his first bowling birthday party on the 20th. It was one of his girlfriends from school. He had a blast and was wired from sugar when I picked him up. I was glad we were allowed to drop them off since Elijah went into a state of shock when we walked in the doors from the blasting music!!! I did decide that the bowling alley was a little too insane for me to have a party there...at least for now...maybe when he gets older? He LOVED it! It was beautiful here last Sunday! After church we went to lunch with the Swineharts and sat outside to eat. No one else wanted to eat on the patio once we all sat there with our SEVEN KIDS!!!!! Holy Cow! We really are a sight when we are all out together, I am sure! After lunch we came home and Eli sat in his swing outside and took a nap while the big kids played in the yard and Daddy and I cleaned out the garage and visited with the neighbors. It was so nice to be outside together! -Or really just to be together after the couple weeks of work Rod has had! We haven't seen much of him lately! Monday the 22nd was the first evening Elijah didn't have a fussy period of screaming for 2 hours! Yippee!! It was also the first night I had to cook dinner...boo! Actually, it did make my life feel a little more normal to be making dinner, and I am enjoying getting back in the groove and establishing a routine around here. Let's see, last week I also survived my first trip taking them all three to Costco! It really felt like a major accomplishment! We only had one fight between the big kids while getting pizza after shopping, and it was resolved quickly. Fun times. Wednesday afternoon we baked a birthday cake for Nana Kathy and made birthday cards. The kids have been complaining lately about my slackness when it comes to crafts, so I was happy to have an easy prep craft in card making!! Nana Kathy and Papa Fred came Thursday evening for a birthday party for Nana! The kids had a blast and got to stay up late to play. Then Papa Rock and Nana Kathy came Friday afternoon! Papa Rock finally met Elijah! They stayed overnight and Kathy helped me get ready for my jewelry open house on Saturday. The kids had their last soccer game on Saturday, too. Oh Saturday...our first trip to the ER, well actually urgent care. Kylie had a "wrestling accident" and wasn't moving her arm at all and screaming her head off, so she went for x-rays. Fortunately it was not broken and she just came home in a sling. The sling lasted about 4 hours and then she was running around fine without it, thank goodness! Still no broken bones here! My jewelry show went really well; it was fun to do a party again after a long break. I got to hang out with a bunch of friends and eat a lot of food, too, so that is always fun! Sunday was a crazy day...church, Rod went to work the Panthers game (that was ugly!), the kids and I went to a baby shower, then home to grab food out of the fridge and head to a Halloween pary next door. Daddy finally met up with us there, then home for bed. I went over to Amy's house for cheese & crackers & WINE! How fun! It had been too long since a glass of wine with friends! Last night Elijah went over 7 1/2 hours between eating! He is getting so big! Then this morning he went down for his nap without crying for the first time! Growing up...after his nap, we got our Halloween costumes on and headed down to the park for a little party with neighborhood friends. It was a blast and all the costumes were adorable. Too bad we already came home with a ton of treats, and we still have trunk-or-treat at R's school on Wednesday and trick-or-treat Halloween night...I'm gonna get fat! :) Here are a couple pictures from this morning from my phone and other people...I will try to get the ones off my camera in a few minutes and add them for you, too. This blog is more informational than conversational, but that may just be how it happens for a little while...enjoy!

No comments: