This first picture is of Kylie at 7:30 in the morning. As you can see, she is still very excited about Eli from the moment she gets up in the morning! As soon as she came downstairs that morning she jumped on the couch and said, "Please can I hold my baby Elijah?" After I put him in her lap she said, "get the camera and take my picture quick!" So cute. She really is such a big helper! She loves helping change diapers and give baths and get him toys. She is always very concerned about where he is and what he is doing. If only I could get her to be a little bit quieter so he could nap when she is around...

Yesterday Rodgers had his first school field trip! Kylie, Eli and I got to go along to the pumpkin patch! It was a beautiful day! I had a blast watching Rodgers interact with his friends from school, too. We went on a hayride through the pastures to the dairy barn where we learned about the different kinds of cows, how much milk they each produce, what they do with the milk, and then we milked the cows. Then we walked through the yard and found an egg that one of the chickens laid on our way to the petting barn where we saw the animals and fed the sheep and goats. The goats were the kids' favorites this year! Then we got back on the hayride and rode back to the pumpkin field and they picked out their pumpkins to take home. We went from there to the learning center to make corn bread with the milk and egg they collected and they watched as the corn kernels they popped off the cob were ground into cornmeal. Then we went through items from the grocery store and learned which products from the farm were used for each of them. From there we walked up to the picnic area to eat our lunches. It was a great field trip!






When we got home from our trip, Nana Kathy was at our house! She just stopped in for the afternoon before heading North, but the kids loved it! She got to swing with Eli and watch Kylie and Rodgers on their swings PUMPING BY THEMSELVES!!! YIPPEE! I thought this day would never come! :)

Kristen and Amy brought dinner over to us last night, and Kristen brought Ellie and Kaelyn with her. The kids had a blast! Amy stayed to eat with us and the kids got to take pictures with the camera. Fun times!

Today was silly sock day for Rodgers at school. He wanted me to take a picture of him. I'm not really sure what the sunglasses have to do with anything, but he wanted to wear them in the picture.
Okay...I am now finishing this blog a day later, so everything above actually happened a day earlier than it sounds like it did! ha!
So, yesterday afternoon I tried to put all three kids down for a nap at the same time. Elijah was very cooperative and went right to sleep. Kylie got out of bed once, but then stayed and went to sleep. I put Rodgers in my room, which he protested because he said he wanted to be in his room with his books. I told him I wanted him to stay in my room because if he read all his books he wouldn't sleep and he needed to sleep. He wasn't happy about it, but I told him I would come check on him in a few minutes. When I went back up to check on him, I didn't see him in my bed, so I started to walk in to look in my bathroom for him, but then I saw him sitting in the rocking chair reading "Healthy Sleep Habits; Happy Child" which he had gotten off my nightstand. I asked him what he was doing. He said, "reading 'Healthy Sleep Habits; Happy Child.' It is about making our baby happy." I told him, "Buddy, if you are THAT desperate to read, you can come downstairs!" He said, "Okay, but have you read this part already?" I assured him I had read it. He was telling me the whole way downstairs about what he had read..."sleep is very important for Elijah's development..." What 4-year-old reads a big fat book like that without pictures?!?! Of course, being the mom that I am, I told him I had to take his picture reading Mama's book! :)








1 comment:
I can't wait to get down there! Kylie is unbelievable! What a face for 7:30 in the morning! I have to laugh out loud! It's like - bring on the day I can take it, grind it up and spit it back at you! Then Rodgers, reading that book - He even looks about 28! Poor Eli, does he know what he's in for!! Love to all! - Poop
Post a Comment