Monday, September 19, 2005

You speak Spanish?!?!?




Rod had to take his test for teaching yesterday, so Rodgers went to a friend's house while Kylie and I babysat. Kylie was a big helper, as well as quite the entertainment for the kids we were staying with. She found the keyboard rather quickly, and from then on she just wanted to play music for us all. Daddy and Rodgers came to eat dinner with us, and then the three of them headed home while I hung out watching football and video games until the parents came home.
Today we went to church where both kids' teachers told us they are the "best behaved" and "easiest child" in their whole class...we'll just hope they start bringing that home with them! At lunch today, when I asked Rodgers if he wanted me to cut his food, he replied, "Ummm....Si!" I just about spit my drink across the table and then asked him when he started speaking Spanish. He just smiled. Gotta love a bilingual child! Another milestone this afternoon (I know, you are thinking there can't possibly be more than learning Spanish, but you are wrong!) is that Rodgers started saying the "K" sound. Rod actually noticed it first when he asked for milK instead of milT. So, then we pressed him on it, and we got to hear "car" and "Kylie" too! As fun as that was (because he is quite advanced you know...K is a 4 year old sound...and he is just about to be 3), I can't help but be sad. Believe it or not, I am especially going to miss "Tywee" when we all can say "Kylie!"

No comments: