Thursday, September 01, 2005
QUIET IS STRANGE!?!?
Yesterday I picked Rodgers up from his stay at Nana Stewart's house, came home for a couple hours with him, and then he and Kylie headed for Pinehurst with my mom. Rod and I will meet them at the beach Friday night. So, this is my little vacation. Of course, I babysat at church last night for choir practice and this morning for a Bible study leaders' meeting, so that wasn't much of a vacation...but it kept me busy and not sad or missing the kids. I have to say that I woke up before my alarm this morning (so much for a day of sleeping in) and while getting ready and fixing breakfast, the quiet was hurting my ears. I couldn't believe it, but I really was lonely! So maybe I complain about being called out of bed by little munchkin voices and having to come downstairs before I'm quite ready to feed them breakfast and head straight into playtime, but when it all comes down to it, I wouldn't want it any other way! There's something to that "need to be needed" thing. At least Rod is still here and I can fix his lunches for work and take care of him until we get down there to the beach! In the meantime, maybe I'll work on being alone and enjoying the silence. Though being alone with my thoughts could be a bit scary, it is probably a bit needed as well! Bottom line: be warned that you may not want to call me during these two days or you may get your ear talked right off your head!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment