


Well, it's a rainy Monday here, so I guess I'll take a few moments and update you on the lives of the Millers! Sorry it has been so long! We've been busy with soccer games and Nana visiting! Rod had games Tuesday and Wednesday night, but thankfully Thursday's got rained out (oh, did I say I was thankful??? sorry honey!). The kids were ECSTATIC to have Daddy home after not seeing him since Monday night! Friday morning Rodgers asked, "Can Daddy come home again today??" Poor thing didn't even realize Daddy had been home every night! Friday was Susan G. Komen's Denim day for breast cancer, so the kids and I got decked out in our jeans and "pink ribbon for Nana" shirts and went to Target. (I know most of you are thinking "okay?????", but that is big stuff on a rainy day when you've been cooped up in the house for 2 days! Plus, Target has a Pizza Hut express, so we got to share a personal pan pizza...no I don't bribe my children into shopping!!!!) Anyway, the excitement didn't end at Target! We stopped at home to drop off some groceries and headed to the pediatrician's office to meet my friend Betty (a.k.a. "BFF") and her new baby Dylan who were stuck with a dead car battery. Let me just back up for a minute and tell you the exciting story of Dylan's arrival, which took place EARLY Monday morning. As most of you know, Betty already had 2 boys; Tyler was delivered over a month early and Bryce came 3 weeks early after what most of us would consider fairly easy labors. That said, last Sunday night I talked to Betty on the phone as she was having contractions and she ended up calling Dustin and they went to the hospital. The silly nurses at the hospital, after monitoring her for a couple hours, didn't believe she was really in labor due to her high pain tolerance and sent her home. An hour and a half later, Dustin delivered baby Dylan on their bed! Thanks nurses!!!! Anyway, the EMT guys soon arrived and everything was fine. But I could hardly keep that story from all of you!! So back to Friday...we met Betty to jump her car battery. How about how both of us had jumper cables but neither of us knew how to use them?! Dustin helped us over the phone by saying "black on black, red on red." Thanks, I think. We were both scared, but finally got the cables hooked up, and the car started. However, I will say after the initial cheer when her car started, we both looked at each other and said "now what?" Funny times for us "blondes!" Well, Friday night Daddy came home again! Yay! Mama went to a Pampered Chef party with some friends. Saturday was painful for Kylie. She fell and almost gouged her eye out...okay it wasn't as bad as I initially thought...but she did get a nasty little booboo on the side of her nose. She recovered quickly, though. Saturday afternoon was full of playtime with Daddy; the kids missed him a ton this week! Mama worked some on getting organized for her new jewelry business! I'm really excited about it and have already booked quite a few parties. It is always nice to have a little something of your own on the side...not that being a mommy isn't the greatest job in the world, but...you other mommies understand completely, I'm sure! Yesterday, Sunday, was church, and lunch, and riding escalators and throwing pennies in the fountain at the mall, and naps...no, make that Kylie's nap...Rodgers is still fighting his. Oh, and Kylie got her first bloody nose thanks to the coffee table. And, of course, as seen in the picture, Rodgers wore nothing but his flip flops all afternoon. Well, that gets us through today, which is still in the works, so I'll have to let you know about it later! I'd love to hear from you guys, so make sure to post your comments! And you no longer have to have an ID to post, so you have no excuse!!!



4 comments:
Angie,
I hope this works. I have tried several times to put in a comment but I couldn't get it to work. So now lets try. Again I do appreciate this communication so much. You are such a great Mom to be able to do all of this and watch the little "angels". Kylie is getting sooo big I hardly recognize her. She has absolutely no fear. I truly hope you enjoyed the peaceful time you had when Rodgers was her age because I don't think she will let you have any. Mr. Rodgers is growing like a weed. It seems like the two of them get along quite well. You definately do have a great life. Just one thing to remember "take time to enjoy it".. Lots of Love, Aunt Wendy
Tyler said, "Mommy, why does Rodgers have no clothes on?" Good question, buddy I said. He said, "Mommy, I want to go play at Rodgers and Kylie's house now." We'll get over there soon, I promise. Still working on adjusting to 3 boys. One week in, so far so good. We miss you, and we LOVE reading your blogs!! We love you, BFF:-)
I love the pictures, but someday Rodgers is going to be very unhappy with you for publishing his naked picture on the internet! What if he runs for president? The press will surely dig it up!!
See you next week.
NanaTaffy
Tyler, I agree that is a good question. Hi Rodgers and Kylie, Nana is sending hugs. Thanks Angie for keeping us updated. I love your stories. Keep them coming. Love, Nana
Post a Comment