Friday, November 11, 2005

Attention to detail

Did any of you northerners realize from the pictures that my kids were wearing SHORTS two days ago??? Just wondering who was paying attention to details. Details can be very important...Rodgers was learning this lesson today. Again today we have been battling wearing clothes. The third time he came streaking through the house after undressing himself AGAIN, I told him I wasn't helping him get dressed again, but that he had to put his clothes back on. He wasn't all about it until I told him Chuck E. Cheese says all boys and girls have to wear their clothes to play. Anyway, he said, "Okay, I will do it all by myself!" He ran off to the playroom to collect his clothes, then came running back in with his pants on. I asked if he had his underwear on, too, and he said, "yes, they are in the pants, too." So I looked, and sure enough, they were in there...balled up and stuck down the front of his pants! I started laughing and told him he had to take off his pants and put his underwear on first, which he didn't want to do. I kind of mumbled under my breath, "details, Bud, details." He stopped and looked at me, then said, "Mama, I don't want details."
Sorry I don't have pictures for you all today, but most of the day involved a naked child, and I thought y'all had seen enough of his narrow behind...
Oh, one more funny thing! Rodgers took his medicine this morning, and I was praising him for taking it like a big boy. He got a big smile on his face and said, "yeah, I should get a CAKE!" I swear he must dream about cake every night!

No comments: