


Well, yesterday we were actually AT the zoo in Columbia, SC. We went down with the Swineharts. We had a blast! The kids loved seeing all of the animals, listening to the monkeys, feeding the giraffes, running along the paths, riding the carousel. Rodgers said it best at the end of the day: "mama, thank you for taking me to be with other animals today at the zoo!" I mean, of course! That is the perfect way to think of it! Rodgers was not afraid to hold the food out in his hand for the giraffe to take, but both of them were scared of the birds! Dustin had a nectar cup so the birds came and sat on his arms and shoulder to drink it, but both Rodgers and Kylie backed away. Kylie growled at the lion and bear, and liked the big turtles. She didn't really want to get close to any of the animals, though, except at the petting farm...where unfortunately they did not have any sheep, which is what she was looking for ("baa! baa!"). Throughout the day we had musical seats as the boys and girl rotated through our wagon and the Swineharts' double jogger stroller. Kylie mostly just chirped, "I wanna walKKK!" Dylan had his own private ride in his car seat...already special treatment for the 3rd boy...ANYWAY, enough about that, other than I wish you all could've been in, I mean AT the zoo with us!
Today we are headed to the park for a picnic with some friends. Hopefully Kylie will make it; she was up in the night with some teething pain, and her morning nap was cut short by her brother climbing in her bed and jumping "like a monkey"...I'm sure that wasn't exactly how she wanted to wake up. I think we need to work on that...
Also, Rodgers decided this morning that he didn't want to have the marble roller on the floor because "Kylie plays with it more when it is down," so he put it up on the coffee table. As you can see from his face the picture when she climbed up, it didn't really have the effect he was after. He followed that face up with, "OK, we can all play together. Right, Mama?"



No comments:
Post a Comment