Well, yesterday it was official: Kylie loves Dada more. She woke up yesterday after he had already left for work and was MAD!!! She cried and stomped and yelled. I said, Kylie, I will take you downstairs and get you breakfast and we can play with Maggie (her magnetic dress up doll). She said, "NO! You get my Daddy NOW!" So, you can see where I stand.
In happier news, we went to the pool yesterday morning and today, and the kids are loving it! The pool at the YMCA is only about 2 feet deep and has slides and fountains and water squirting everywhere. Anyway, yesterday was the first day that Rodgers would leave my side and go off by himself without holding a hand, and it was a blast to watch him playing with the other kids. Kylie is still a little unsure about going down the slide, but she did it a couple times. She does NOT like to get hit by the sprinklers or shooting water; I think they just catch her off guard and scare her more than anything, though, because she definitely has NO fear of jumping in the pool. She asked me to take her over to the big pool and I stood in the pool and she must have jumped off the edge to me a million times...my arms are sore and my muscles will be huge by tomorrow from all the times I lifted her out. Well, toward the end I put my arms out and she said, "NO, MAMA! Mama, don't catch me!" Too bad she can't swim. But now when she jumps she wants you to let her go under before you get her...scare me. But it was fun to hang out and play with friends. -and a nice break from this crazy heat!
Thursday, August 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment