Monday, August 07, 2006

Fun sleepover/Where did the weekend go?

Thursday when we went up for naps, the kids for some reason thought they should sleep in the same bed. Mama, really just wanting a nap, said no way, but that if they both took a nap they could have a sleep over that night. Well, darn if they didn't both take a nap!!! So, Thursday night we moved Kylie's bed rails into Rodgers' room on the other bed, and they had a little sleepover. I will say it took a while before any sleeping happened, but they had a good time. Friday night, Kylie said she wanted back in her bed, though.
Our weekend fun started on Friday at lunch with Kerry, Amy, Kristen, Ben & Ellie. McAllister's will never be the same, but we had a good time. Just kidding, it wasn't that bad! Afterwards we had a shopping party at Costco. Friday afternoon, Betty and the boys came over to play, and I think we are turning a corner...Rodgers and Bryce actually got along! So nice! They all had a great time playing together. I think they are all happy to be back in town and seeing each other again. Friday night, Mama got some one-on-one time with Betty after all the kids went to bed, so I'm feeling better after my "Betty fix" too.
This weekend was tax free shopping for back to school, so we went to Marshall's and Old Navy to get Daddy some socks and Kylie some tennis shoes...and a red purse that she somehow ended up with. She was quite the little fashion statement with her yellow "pretty dress," her red purse, and her purple soccer socks (from Tyler's soccer birthday party) pulled all the way up to her knees!
Daddy and I got to go out with a bunch of friends to the movies Saturday night. We saw the new Will Ferrell movie which was actually not as dumb as I expected it to be, and there was even a shout out to good old Rockingham as well as Lowe's Motor Speedway!
After church yesterday we went to lunch with the Swineharts and Mark since he was back from tour. We just hung around and got some yard work done. I had a late night with Kerry and Caroline just hanging out and talking. Good times with friends.
It is crazy how busy weekends always seem to go so fast...but then so do the not so busy ones...
It is already too hot outside, but I guess we will head out to the swings anyway. Looks like this is going to be a busy week as most of our nights are planned out already. Daddy is playing at the lake today. - a little Pulte thank you for all their hard work! Maybe he can get home early?!?!?!

No comments: