

How many times have I raked the yard????? I don't even know, but if you look outside my house you would probably guess none! How does that happen?! It doesn't look like that many leaves when they are all on the trees!!!! At least Rodgers knows it is his birthday because the leaves are falling...
Speaking of birthdays, how do I get myself into these crazy party ideas? For all of you coming to the party on Saturday, I hope that everything is ready by then because looking at my "to do" list now I am not so sure...dinosaurs...really...of all things...he picked the most complicated and the one I know the least about...thanks Rodgers.
The kids are sick again (surprise). We went to the doctor on Monday and both of Kylie's ears are infected and he wants to watch Rodgers for a sinus infection...pray he can get everything drained out of his head before that happens! Rodgers was hilarious at the doctor and such a big boy. He was showing off I think since we had never seen this particular doctor before. He walked in and started talking about how he needed to look in his ears to check for bunnies, then told him when he was listening thru the stethoscope that if he moved it up a little he could hear his heart, then said "excuse me" when the doctor and I were talking and said he needed to talk to his sister for a minute...then he leaned forward to see Kylie and told her to watch because it was her turn next and she needed to know what to do. The doctor felt his stomach and said he was checking to see if he could find his breakfast in there. He asked Rodgers what he ate for breakfast. Rodgers said, "Well, I really don't remember but it was really good." As the doctor was checking Kylie, Rodgers asked if he could read him a book because "I'm a great reader." Of course the doctor said yes, so Rodgers read the words off the pages that he knew and made up a few of the others. The doctor was impressed and told Rodgers that he did such a great job for being 4, and Rodgers said, "Yeah, I'm really smart. Just ask my mom." Love it. When the doctor checked Kylie's stomach she said, "Dada gets my tickles, too." The doctor got a kick out of that one and told her he really wasn't trying to tickle her!
Mom came to relieve me Monday night, so that was a huge blessing! I went to Young Life club to see one of my friends give the talk and then hung out with a bunch of the leaders afterwards at wing night. Rod was at the Panthers game since they played Monday night football this week. It was a LATE night!! Hopefully he will be able to catch up on sleep through out the rest of the week so he diesn't end up getting sick.
We spent last weekend in Columbia for Bennett's birthday party. I definitely didn't realize the problem I was causing this whole time by telling Rodgers that he and Bennett would both turn 4 because both of their birthdays were in November. We had been telling him all week we were going to Bennett's party, but then we got there and he had a complete meltdown when Bennett blew out all the candles! He was crying and said, "but I didn't even get to blow out any of them!!! There were four candles and it is my turn to be four!" It was so sad! I finally got him calmed down from that...just in time for Bennett to open his presents!!!! Then Rodgers started crying because no one brought him any presents to the party...for the love!!!!! So, we had another talk and I asked him what kind of party he was having (dinosaurs)...did he see any dinosaurs here (no)...oh no, this must not be your party (giggle)...i think your party is next saturday...and you will have your own cake...a dinosaur cake (wait, that is one of the things on the infamous "to do" list)...with four candles....ANYWAY, we finally made it through the party and everyone ended up having a blast!
Okay, this catching up with you stuff is really fun, but seriously I need to get to work! I have two jewelry parties tomorrow and everyone comes on Friday...so I'll talk to you....sometime! We leave Monday for Pittsburgh, so I'll try to post birthday party pictures before we leave but I promise you nothing!!!



2 comments:
hellooooo???? where are my friends!?!
I was wondering if Rodgers had a birthday party??
Post a Comment