I just realized I never got to tell you about Mom's birthday (last week)! Nana came over to spend her birthday with us...not that we are her first choice...she just didn't want to be alone! Anyway, we are glad she came. We played and the kids baked her a yummy cake and decorated it. Kylie got to pick Nana's cake this year since Rodgers picked last year. -oh, let's recap so you don't have to scroll back to last year: Nana's birthday last year Rodgers said he wanted her to have a red cake, so we had red velvet cake and her special celebration was him streaking during the party! Remember? Well, this year got a little better. Kylie picked yellow cake (her fav color) and chocolate icing, and they decorated with peanut butter chips and a big #3 candle. And instead of streaking, Kylie gave her a makeover. Can't wait for next year's celebration, can you?

We had a Halloween party at our house on Friday night. The kids had a blast in the midst of all the chaos. A few of our neighbors came, the Swineharts and some of their friends, the Johnsons, the Drummonds, Amanda, Kristen & Ellie, CC, Amy, Ross & Molly...who am I forgetting??? Anyway, it was a full house! The kids made spider webs out of Qtips with pom pom spiders and crazy eyes, they decorated ghost and pumpkin cookies, they played some games, and we all ate a ton of food & sweet treats! It was a lot of fun.

After the party, Betty, Amanda & I went out for a little goodbye party for her. It was sad not knowing when I would get to see her again, but exciting that she is headed off for a new adventure in Ohio with Matt! We are going to miss her around here. Kylie keeps asking for her, but when I say she is in Ohio, she says, "Oh, with Betty?" Which, by the way, Betty, means you have spent way too much time up there lately if Kylie thinks you live there!!! :) So, I don't think Kylie understands moving.
Sunday was a long day because I sang on the worship team - it was my first week singing since we went to three services - and then the Panthers game was a night game, so Rod was out late! I think we were all still worn out from that on Monday.
Nana Kathy came back on Tuesday to go trick or treating with us. Our little Steelers cheerleader and policeman had a blast going from house to house. They had a little role reversal, though. Rodgers was so excited and outgoing and just plain loud, while Kylie was reserved, shy, and hesitant to go up to the doors. It was so funny to see them that way! Rod ended up walking up to most of the doorways with them while Mom and I hung back and laughed at the conversations Rodgers started up with the people at their doors. Kylie did come alive a couple times and did her "go Steelers" cheer for a couple people. They were exhausted by the end of the night!



1 comment:
The hostess with the mostess! That's what you are Angie! You throw a great party!
Post a Comment