Thursday, November 02, 2006

I DO love my friends!!!

Before most of my best friends disown me...let me tell you about my fun girls weekend in TN!!! Kerry, Caroline, Amy, and I drove to see Katie at her new home in Knoxville. It was so good to finally see her and where she lives. She really was created to be a homemaker! Their house is beautiful and is decorated in Katie-style. Katie really took care of us all weekend, so I hope it was relaxing for her because it definitely was for the rest of us! She made us pizzas Friday night and we hung out at their house which Chris had abandoned before we arrived (thanks to his sister). It is great to have those friendships where you just sit around talking and laughing (and sometimes snoring) and feeling loved. It was a definite time of encouragement, intimacy and vulnerability. Saturday morning Katie cooked us french toast and bacon. We got off to a lazy start, but then we packed a picnic lunch and drove through the mountains to see all the leaves changing. It was georgeous! We stopped and hiked a 2.5 mile trail up to a waterfall. We had perfect weather and the day was full of great conversations and laughter. Being in the mountains is always such a great de-stresser! Saturday night we got back, changed, and headed out for...Mexican, of course!! It was yummy, and we enjoyed our margaritas!! -well, all except Caroline. I will say I think this was the first girls weekend we did not have wine! Crazy things happen sometimes, I guess... Anyway, Sunday morning we got to experience Chris and Katie's church. I loved it and know it is a perfect fit for them. They tried to make me clap a lot during worship, but I got managed to get out of most of it. We sat down front with all the high school kids they work with and it was fun to see how they already have such great relationships with kids and are making an impact at that church. It was the church's birthday celebration so we got to hear about a lot of their accomplishments over the years, so we got a little peek into where they have been and where they are going. -really the perfect week to visit! Afterwards we went back to Katie's for lunch and talked a lot about their church and how their ministry is going there. Chris got home a little later and we continued the conversation with him and got to hear his side of it, too. We took time to play some UNO Attack, then went outside for a photo shoot in the front yard. Our time together was great, but hard to end and leave since Katie didn't get to come home with us this time. We sure do miss her!!! But it is good to know that TN is becoming home for her and that her adjustment to marriage and life as a pastor's wife is going well!

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Can we do that again soon!?! I had an awesome weekend and I feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends!