Wednesday, November 29, 2006

News flash: I'm not superwoman!

So when was the last time I wrote? Oh yeah...before the dinosaurs took over our home! We had so much fun at the party!!! The kids all wore dinosaur hats and feet, painted dinosaur Christmas tree ornaments, played the spoon game as they raced around carrying dinosaur eggs to the dinosaur nest, hunted for the lost dinosaur eggs and then hatched them, ate dino nuggets, cake and ice cream, and then Rodgers opened an absurd number of presents! -which, while opening, he commented "it was so sweet of all my friends to bring me presents!" and "they are all the ones I wanted!" He had a blast and we loved having friends and family around for all the fun! But our party didn't stop there, because we had family here until Monday morning. It was a great weekend. Monday morning, Rodgers and Kylie loaded their stuff in the car, took their antibiotics for all the infected ears, and left for Pittsburgh with Nana and Papa...and then Mama began the most wonderful three days...just kidding, but it definitely was a nice break! I caught up with some friends and tried to clean up and recover from the past couple weeks, did laundry, finished up the scrapbook I was working on, and got ready to leave with Daddy on Wednesday to head up and meet the rest of the fam. Wednesday came quickly, and Daddy got off work early so we got a head start before the traffic became unbearable. We actually made decent time and then the Thanksgiving/80th birthday celebration began! We joined up with all of Nana Kathy's family at a couple condos at a ski resort outside of Pittsburgh. The snow was mostly gone by the time we got there, but the kids got to play in it a little since they were there earlier. We had beautiful weather and a great time surprising Nana Irwin with the scrapbook from all of her friends and family! Fun memories! We also got to see some of the family we hadn't seen in a long time, so it was a great chance to catch up. It was relaxing and nice to talk and play games and EAT and EAT and EAT...we all went bowling on Saturday. Those times with family always make me wish we lived closer to everyone and it didn't happen so infrequently. We miss everyone down here in Charlotte! Sunday was a long day of driving home, but the kids did really well, and I doubt we have much to complain about compared to many people's holiday travel horror stories. Monday, or should I say, "adjustment day" was a trying one...and then Tuesday came, and there were still some battles...and now it is Wednesday, "November 29, my birthday, and I am 4"...I have heard that somewhere...over and over today...we went to the park this morning with our playgroup and went on a hike through the woods, or "the foggy forest" according to Rodgers, or "the gungle" according to Kylie. -and no, that wasn't a typo...she really says Gungle. Then we came home and rode our bikes in the driveway, played dinosaurs (of course), watched Digging For Dinosaurs (our new favorite and quite possibly the cheesiest thing I have ever seen in my life - thanks Aunt Kim), and took naps. After Kylie woke up and I asked her what she wanted to play until Rodgers woke up, she looked up at me and said, "well, do you have any ice cream?" I'm telling you, I LOVE THIS GIRL!!! So we had an ice cream snack and waited for Rodgers to join us. Then Daddy came home and Rodgers got his present...his very first set of golf clubs! They are so cute! And most importantly, the grips and the bag are RED! Custom clubs at age 4??? He better be GOOD!

2 comments:

Kerry said...

I've been checking your blog for the past few weeks and nothing...I'm so glad I can get the low down on the Millers again. I'm glad you're back and it makes me sad for you to not be closer to your extended family but glad for me that I can see you any day of the week! Sorry fam.

Anonymous said...

We're back from FL and the party was a hugh success last night. Now have time to catch up on the blog. Kerry, we're jealous but you understand the responsibility you have - Keep them happy!!!! Love you all and your friends. Hugs and Kisses to Rodgers, who's 4 and Kylie, who's 2. Nana B