Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Delinquent Blogger!!!

This is the second time I am writing this post, so I guarantee it will not be as good as the first time because losing a whole lot of my work and time doesn’t usually result in a happier me! Anyway…
I was saying that this turning 30 thing may work to your advantage because I have been thinking maybe it is time to start acting like a responsible adult and procrastinate less and “act my age” a little more. I am not, however, making any promises seeing how I have only been 30 for 5 days and my feelings about all this are subject to change. But hey, it at least got this blog posted, right?
So, what have we been doing since January whatever the date was I last posted? Let’s see, I threw up a lot “because of the baby” which resulted in a very concerned Rodgers when he got a stomach bug and therefore thought he had a baby in his belly, too, since he threw up. We went up to Pittsburgh to visit Nana Irwin and help her knee get better from her knee replacement surgery. The kids loved all the snow we had there! And Kylie had her longest ever trip away from home with Nana Kathy as she was gone for over a week by herself. She was not concerned in the least, but we did miss her chatter around here. I was reminded how quiet life was before her…
I am now feeling better and very thankful to be finished with that first trimester. I was finally able to eat meat again and keep it down (that is key) while on our trip to Florida. Nana Kathy and I drove down with the kids to visit Nana and Papa B for a week. We had a wonderful time and the kids loved riding their bikes in the nice, flat neighborhood and swimming in the pool. They are getting good with the help of their swimmies! It is a nice change for Rodgers to not be scared of the water this year. Kylie is still as fearless as ever, so I guess no one told her this would be her year to be apprehensive. Oh well. We got to visit with Aunt Wendy and Uncle Rob (Rodgers' favorite swimming buddy) when they came down for a day. It was great to see them! We also overlapped our trip with Aunt Patti and Aunt Linda, so we got some great time with them as well! Papa Fred came down and then we took him up to his conference in Orlando. Daddy flew down to float around the lazy river with us on Saturday and go to the Magic Kingdom on Sunday. I thought the kids were still too young to really “get” Disney, but I was WRONG!!! We had a great time! The kids loved seeing the characters and got their pictures taken with a few of them. We managed to catch all the parades, which were wonderful and a great way to see almost everyone. We rode Peter Pan, Dumbo, Winnie the Pooh, the Genie’s magic carpet, It’s a Small World, the Safari boat ride, and the train. We walked through Mickey’s and Minnie’s houses and played in Pooh’s park. Kylie is now obsessed with Cinderella and is working that obsession into everyday life…yesterday she was picking out an Easter dress and said, “oh this is beautiful like Cinderella’s dress, just not blue,” and while eating her apple for a snack she told me she likes apples because Cinderella does too. (I guess she and Cinderella have conversed more than I was previously aware.) Rodgers also told us last night to “remember that when I am grown up and go back to see Mickey I can ride on the waterfall ride,” so I guess he was a little upset that he was still too short to ride the big kid rides! He said we will go back when he and Daddy are twins…I think we have a while before we need to start our Disney fund!
We finally found a school for Rodgers for T-Kindergarten next year. It is Cross & Crown Lutheran right down the street. I am very excited about it even after the let-down of not getting into Montessori – there was actually an article in the paper last week saying 81 people had received false acceptance letters from Montessori due to a computer glitch and just found out they really didn’t get in after most of them had already given up their spots in other schools, so my neighbor and I are thankful we weren’t in that bunch! Anyway, he will be in a class of no more than 10 students with a wonderful teacher, Ms. Teresa, who lives in our neighborhood and actually used to teach at our church. I think it will be a great place for him…and convenient for me, since it is less than 2 miles down the road. He will be there 5 mornings a week from 9-1. He has even started to sound a little excited about school lately, and pointed it out (“hey, there’s my school”) as we drove by it yesterday.
Speaking of driving, I have finally resigned myself to fact that I am a mom of soon-to-be three children and have embraced the minivan!!! We are now driving around in our “red” (burgundy) Honda Odyssey and passed the Pilot on to Aunt Courtney. I really missed the Pilot the first couple days, but am now really liking the van. We have a lot more room and it is much easier to get everyone in and buckled…not to mention not having to worry about the kids opening their doors up into the cars next to us…LOVE the automatic doors!! We have nicknamed it the Cockaboose, or Cocky for short, and the kids love it! Kylie did ask yesterday when Aunt Courtney was bringing us our Pilot back, but when I told her it was Ian and Courtney’s Pilot now she said “oh ok.” Later she told Rodgers “we get to ride in the red van forever because the Pilot is staying with Floyd!” So, we have that worked out now.
I did celebrate my 30th birthday this week!!! It may sound crazy, but I still feel the same, so I guess 30 isn’t that big of a deal! My special day started out with breakfast with CC, Kerry, Jessica, and the kids at Greg’s. We had a lazy day and then dinner with Dustin and Betty at Outback. Friday night Kerry, Caroline & Amy had a dinner party for me with a group of our friends and YUMMY food!! I’m telling you, their catering beats any restaurant I have eaten at in a while! It was a fun-filled evening where they even got me to cry when they gave me a scrapbook they made. But we ended the night with laughter while playing a new game and eating crème brulee! Thanks for a wonderful evening, friends!!!
We are heading to Pinehurst for Easter this weekend after a short stop in Columbia for Thursday (Nana Stewart’s birthday) and Friday. We are going to the Steeplechase on Saturday so the kids can see the horses on Saturday, and then doing the Easter thing on Sunday. Our church there is having all the women and girls wear hats on Sunday to honor our friend Laura who recently lost all her hair to breast cancer chemo, so Kylie went out and picked the perfect hat last night: a pink cowboy hat! She is way too excited! As we left the store she said, “I forgot to get a horse to ride. Daddy, can I get a horse?” This makes her the youngest girl ever to ask for a horse! Daddy, of course, responded with some ranting about having to be kidding and little girls costing too much…you know, the typical daddy answers…too bad we didn’t have a tranquilizer shot for him…
Well, we did get a new camera (you know, the one I bought Rod for HIS birthday that I keep in MY purse) so I can post pictures again, but I still haven’t loaded the pictures on the computer, so you still have to wait for those! I promise they will come soon!
We have our ultrasound tomorrow afternoon, so I should have those pictures for you, too. The kids are so excited to see the baby! This will be Kylie’s first time seeing the baby, but Rodgers keeps reminding her that he saw the baby before. They know it is their job to try to count the fingers and toes tomorrow. And Kylie has apparently changed her mind about a little brother because this morning when I told her the doctor might be able to tell her if it is a baby brother or sister she told me, “I am having a baby sister.” I give up!
I am sure I am leaving out many things from the past two months, but I hope this helps you feel a little more caught up!

1 comment:

amanda said...

AHHHHHHHHH I was so excited to see your update! :) I've missed you, Ang! Glad to hear that things are going well...