Where did I leave off??? Last week...Nana and Papa B came and we had so much fun! They brought new dinosaur books and an ice cream maker! Elijah enjoyed tons of cuddles and swinging on the porch swing and rocking and being loved on! The big kids had fun playing, too. Nana and Papa B got to go to soccer practice Thursday night and watch the kids scrimmage. Fun times. Their stay was way too short! -they had to leave Friday morning, but we are so glad they got to make it down!
Friday afternoon Papa Fred and Nana Irwin came to meet Eli. We had a fun weekend of making ice cream in the new ice cream maker, playing in the soccer game Saturday morning (which Eli got to go see as well), watching football (we won't go into how the Cocks did), going to church (Eli slept right through the music and the preaching...sorry Jimmy, he thinks you are boring!), and tons more fun stuff! Saturday afternoon, Nana Irwin, Nana Kathy & Kylie went to Columbia to go to Aunt Pat and Uncle Jack's 50th wedding anniversary party, so they had some fun without the rest of us. I have some pictures of all that stuff, but I can't get them on or off of my computer (that is a whole other issue...which I will not discuss due to a bad attitude) so you will have to wait. I will share some pictures I took on my phone, though, of Elijah!
Also, we've had the changing of the guard this week...all my family left Monday morning and Nana Stewart came Monday night. She cooked and cleaned and loved on Eli until yesterday afternoon when she had to head back home. Rodgers loved having her and her books here for a few days! We also went to the library on Wednesday (another first for Eli) and Rodgers picked out 7 new books. He is a book addict. He will go through the whole Young Reader section of our library before Thanksgiving if they don't get some more books. This week was the Book Fair at his school, too, so he got 7 new books there as well. One is a Sudoku book, which I never would've thought to do with him, but he LOVES it and has almost finished all of them. He also got a Mickey Mouse learn to draw book and has drawn all the pictures in it. I wanted to scan them and put them on for you to see, but that would be one more thing I can't get to work on my computer...so we'll save that for later...
Today is my first day alone with just the boys (Kylie left with Nana Kathy on Monday and doesn't come home til next Wednesday. -Yes, it is QUIET here!). I was proud of myself this morning; I got both boys ready and Rodgers to school on time...I even showered and dried my hair. Oh, and we all ate breakfast! And Eli even got to finish eating breakfast, which is something he rarely does.
Oh, and here is one of Kylie reading The Poky Little Puppy with Papa Fred that Mom said was like deja vu for her because it reminded her of me so much.







1 comment:
I LOVE this picture of Kylie and Papa Fred!
Post a Comment