Tuesday, September 11, 2007

He's right here!!!!

Everyone wants to know where Elijah is!!! Let me tell you!! He is RIGHT HERE IN MY RIBS!!!! I am finally feeling a little better today after a week from...you know where. I had mastitis, and the medicine messed up my stomach, and sciatica has had me in bed for at least half the day since last Thursday. But after two trips to the chiropractor, I am sitting in a chair right now and not currently experiencing any pain. Of course my back is frozen right now cause I just laid on an ice pack for an hour, but that's okay.
So I am 3 days from my due date, and I assure you all that no matter how anxious you are to hear that I have had a baby I AM MORE ANXIOUS TO GET HIM OUT! I have to laugh at the text messages and voicemails I receive these days. Whenever I can't answer the phone everyone says, "well, maybe you are having a baby," or "have you had the baby yet?" As if I am not going to be broadcasting across town when he finally comes!!! I promise I will not keep it a secret when I have a baby; you will know!
In other news...Rodgers is still loving school! He had his first show-and-tell on Friday and took dinosaur skeletons that he had dug up and put together along with pictures of him doing the dig with Papa. I asked Miss Teresa after class how he did because I didn't know if he would understand show-and-tell since he had never done it. I shouldn't have worried! She couldn't believe when I said he had never been in school before. She said he stood up and gave a whole presentation and was very entertaining. She said she assumed he had been in school for years because he is such a leader in the classroom and so comfortable with everything they do! That was really encouraging to hear after feeling a bit crazy for being the only mom not to have my kids in preschool all this time!
Yesterday after school I did finally ask him if he read the note I put in his lunchbox because he hadn't said anything about any of my notes. He said, "No, but Miss Teresa read it." I asked why he didn't read it and he said she found it. I then found out he hasn't noticed any of them any of the previous days! He said, "who ever heard of a note on a napkin??" It was hilarious! So this morning when I dropped him off I told him, "Don't forget to check your napkin for notes!" He just smiled, but when I picked him up he said, "there was a note on my napkin again! It was from Nana!" Maybe from now on he'll find them on his own?
Kylie is in Pinehurst with Mom today. They had to meet with the architect and the floor guys, but they will be back later tonight. Rodgers and I ran a couple errands after school today, including a stop at Michael's where we visited the restroom. There was a sign hanging over his toilet: "Please dispose of sanitary products and baby diapers in the garbage cans. Do not flush these products in the toilet." Well, I am in the next stall listening as he only reads the bottom half of the sign out loud, "Do not flush these products in the toilet." Then he pauses. Then I hear, "Mom, I can't flush the toilet! It says don't flush the toilet!" The woman in the third stall just started laughing as I tried to explain to him that it only meant not to flush trash down the toilet. Finally I got him to open his door so I could point out the rest of the sign above it and explain it to him. He finally said, "So I can flush my pee?" For the love...
Oh, and one other belly-splitting moment of laughter from yesterday: Mom, Kylie and I were running to Bed Bath & Beyond and Kylie said, "Are we going to Bed Bath & Behinds?" Mom and I both lost it and she wanted to know what was so funny. I think that name might stick!

No comments: