Saturday afternoon Nana and Papa got here and we played. Sunday was church and playing and house projects (of course...that is a given around here). Sunday night SARA CAME!!!! Our long lost babysitter! The doorbell rang and Kylie and Rodgers opened the door. Rodgers said, "Yea! It is my favorite Sara!!!" They had lots of fun playing with her while Mama, Daddy, Nana and Papa went to dinner at Cantina. Yummy!
Monday was a day of labor in honor of Labor Day. The new sink got installed in the bathroom...it was an ordeal, but I won't even go into it cause you all already know that the simple house projects things never go according to plan. Papa Fred had to fly out Monday afternoon, and the rest of us just hung around and got Rodgers ready for school.
Rodgers packed his lunch Monday night: turkey sandwich, chips, grapes, chocolate milk (and Mama put in some Swedish fish he didn't know about) and put it in the fridge. He also got his backpack ready and set his new Lightning McQueen alarm clock. All set. He got put in bed early. Kylie, on the other hand, took too long of nap and would NOT go to bed. So she sat in the rocking chair rocking her bear and "waiting for Elijah."
Tuesday morning was so exciting! Rodgers woke up before his alarm went off and was ready for school! I got a picture of him eating breakfast,
I was sick yesterday with mastitis and a fever (did you know you can get that even when you aren't nursing?!?!), so I just came home and got in bed until I had to go pick him up. So much for my first morning of freedom, huh?
When I picked him up at class, we walked to his cubby and he was getting his backpack and said, "I didn't eat very much at lunch." I asked him why not and he said, "there was just so much to do." I asked what he ate, and he said, "I drank all my chocolate milk and ate my chips. I am hungry now!" So he finished his lunch on the way home. I asked him in the car what his favorite part of school was and he said, "all my new friends! My favorite friend is Koonj!" I did get to hear about music class, too, and about having his own marker board to write his letters on. He said, "we talked about ABC's and I think we need to practice because some of those kids just don't know them." I told him he could be a big helper to his friends until they learn them. He said, "Oh, I love to help my friends with everything!"
When we walked in from school he wanted to know where Hobbes was. I told him he went with Nana Kathy to Pinehurst. "Did Kylie go there, too?" I told him she did because she didn't get to go to school yet. He said, "that's ok, she can go one day. I had to wait a long time before I got to go."
He went to the doctor with me yesterday afternoon and heard Elijah's heartbeat, then we went to Costco with Amy and he got some Propel water bottles for in his lunch.
This morning he came downstairs with clothes in his arms and said, "Mom, can I please go to school today?" I said, "Sure!" Let's hope the newness doesn't fade too quickly. It is nice to not have to battle to get out of the house in the morning! And once again, he forgot to give me hug when I dropped him off and his teacher had to send him back. I'm so glad he loves school!
This moring I DID go run errands without kids! Yea! I had lots of fun at Target! In fact, one of the salespeople even asked me as I was wondering if I needed help finding something. I laughed and said, "oh no, I don't even need anything else! I am just here because I can be!" He laughed and said, "well, it sounds like you deserve it!" Amen.



No comments:
Post a Comment