Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Here we go again!

The God of Justice and Compassion Bible Study group (Part 2) started yesterday morning.  I have missed it, and was so happy to be there yesterday after having a snow day the week before.  I'm so excited about this semester already!  This time we will talk more about what it looks like to live missionally right where we are.  We even get to take some field trips to volunteer in different places, so I should have some fun updates for you.  Here are some thoughts I had after yesterday morning...
Music is a big part of my life...how I relax, how I get going in the morning, what motivates me to run, what helps me vent, what helps me tune out the NOISE in the car, what leads me into worship, what makes me laugh at my kids, what brings back memories...it is so powerful.  A simple song can take me to a different place, a different attitude, a different focus.  I spend most of my time with some song in my head or streaming from my mouth.
Yesterday morning we saw a music video from the newly released CD from CompassionArt: Creating Freedom from Poverty.  The song is called "There Is Always A Song."  This is the new song stuck in my head.  Just be careful watching the watching the video...it will break your heart...it will consume your thoughts...as you think of all those children...all those people...people God loves just as much as He loves you and me...people who need our help.
ps...Just downloading the music or buying the CD donates money to help them!


 



"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save, he will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."  Zephaniah 3:17


No comments: