Monday, August 18, 2008

Back home and WIRED!

Silly me!  I thought he would be worn out from his first day...ahhh...not so much!  He is WIRED!  It was a sweet little reunion between brothers when we got home, though.  Elijah was so excited he came back and they chased each other all around the house.  Rodgers made a project at school with his handprints and a poem:

My First Day of Kindergarten
It's my first day of Kindergarten
and I'm thinking of you.
I made these precious handprints
So you will think of me, too.
It's my first day of school 
and The Kissing Hand is what we read.
It's about a raccoon
who did just as his parents said.
Like the raccoon's first day at school
I was scared and a little shy.
But because of what you said
I was brave and I got by.
All through the year
I'll make things for you.
So as I change and as I learn
you can witness my growth, too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is so precious.

Anonymous said...

He was precious! We are glad he was home when he was "wired" :)!!!