Sunday, August 17, 2008

My little boy


Well, here I sit on the couch the night before my baby starts Kindergarten.  How have we gotten to this day already?  Has it really been almost six years since that first time I saw his perfect little face?  He has grown up so quickly.  Those first few weeks at home with him when I would just sit and stare at him and wonder how I was supposed to know how to be a mother, those first few months of "firsts" where every day held something new to experience with him, the first time I looked at him and thought he looked more like a little boy than a baby, his first words, first steps, his red hair, him becoming a big brother, the "terrible two's", the "even-worse-three's", potty training (AHHH), discovering his love for learning...letters, numbers, Spanish, reading...all the fun times of watching him and Kylie become best friends, T-K with Ms. Teresa, his new baby brother & his love of and fascination with babies, the process of figuring out where he should go to school, finding Carmel Christian...and here we are...the night before his first day.  I couldn't be more proud of him and the boy he is and the man I know he will become one day.  I am so excited for this first step out from under our "umbrella."  As hard as I know tomorrow morning will be (for me, not for him...he will love it!), I will know as he walks into that school in his red polo shirt and navy blue shorts and sits at desk #11 across from Savannah and next to Katelyn in Mrs. Haan's & Mrs. Hancock's class that he is exactly where God wants him to be...in a loving environment where he will learn so much about the world around him and be challenged academically, and even more than that, he will be taught even more about the God who loves him and why that matters so much.  So, tomorrow is a big day for our little guy...and his Mama...so keep us in your thoughts and prayers, and stay tuned for an update.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

OK, can you pass me a tissue??? I'll be thinking and praying for you tomorrow mama!