Monday, August 18, 2008

First day of school!

Rodgers' first day of school started off with some waffle dippers!  One of his favorites put a smile right on his face!  He even had some chocolate milk with them.  Over breakfast I was telling Rodgers there will be 21 kids in his class this year so he will have twice as many friends as last year.  He said, "Actually, Mom, that is 11 more friends, so more than twice as many.  But it is ok that you didn't know that."  Great.  He already thinks he is smarter than me, and this was before he even got to school!














Daddy stayed home this morning so he could come to school with us.  Rodgers hung up his backpack when we got there, put his baggie of Teddy Grahams on the table for the friendship mix they will make later for snack, got his crayon container from his cubbie and headed to his desk.
His teacher, Mrs. Haan, was already making the rounds and offering words of encouragement and praise on the good job they were doing coloring their pictures.
The other woman I took a picture of in the middle of her conversation is Missy Johnston.  She is the sweet and wonderful Admission Director who has walked us through this whole process and loved us well along the way.  She loves Rodgers and is a big part of the reason why we ended up at Carmel Christian.  It is very comforting to know that her office is right across the hall from Rodgers' classroom and she will be peeking in there throughout the days.
So, our boy is off on his adventure of learning.  I can't wait to pick him up and hear all about it.  I'm still at the point of hoping that when I ask what he did at school I will get a response other than "nothing" or "I don't remember."  We'll see...


No comments: