Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I have been stirred.

I signed up for a Bible study this semester called God of Justice and Compassion.  I say "signed up" because I haven't made many Tuesday mornings due to a rough Fall of sickness around here.  But the days I have been there, my eyes have been opened.  This morning was no different.  As I sat there listening...feeling...wondering...wondering how I have lived this long without fully understanding God's heart and what it really means just to think that God IS love.  Love.  Compassion.  Why am I so clueless sometimes?  There is so much in my head and heart right now that can't be put into words.  But I do know that God wants to use me...use all of us...to love others.  People need to be shown love.  And this holiday season is coming.  Actually it is kinda here thanks to the early Christmas music and decorations everywhere.  I hope all of you will just stop and think about what it all really means.  What's really important?  What is our focus?  What is our purpose?  Where are we needed?  Where can we serve?  How can we love others?

1 comment:

Caroline said...

AMAZING! Thanks for sharing, Ang!