After school today I told the kids they needed to pick out a video to watch to relax for a little bit before they headed outside. Kylie picked out the World Vision dvd that came with our child sponsorship packet...
Ky: Let's watch this one.
R: Yeah, Imani, you HAVE to see this. It's the best movie about Africa, where our big sister lives.
Ky: Yeah and some people there don't even have water.
R: And they can't go to school, but Meskerem can cause we send her some money. Oh Mom, I have more money we can send Meskerem. (talking about money he got in Halloween cards)
And one day maybe Meskerem can come live here, but she lives really far away. I wish she lived here cause I could teach her how to speak English.
**get out your tissues, cause this is when I lost it***
R: See those kids there? They are about to die, and they might not know Jesus yet. It is so sad.
Here is a picture of our sweet Meskerem.
Interested in sponsoring a child and having your eyes opened to the overwhelming need around the world for things we take for granted? Visit the World Vision website.



1 comment:
sweet sweet boy! Precious! I can't wait till we take our families together to meet our African children!
Post a Comment