
Rodgers started our day at 3am screaming from a bad dream that left him with the shakes and not wanting to go back to his bed. At 4:30am I decided that his bed couldn't be THAT scary, so I headed over there and slept until 6am...time to make the coffee that would have me awake by 6:30am...time to pull the junk out of the garage and arrange it on the driveway by 7am...time to SELL! The yard sale was a huge success in many ways: 1) we have money to pay bills, 2) Rodgers thought it was great that everyone wanted to come to his house, 3) we have a lot less junk, 4) I got to speak lots of Spanish to Mexicans (my favorite people) and play with all of their ADORABLE children!!! At the end of the yard sale, we loaded up the leftovers and probably gave the Goodwill receiving guy plenty of nightmare images for the next year...then went to pick up Rodgers who was playing at his friend Tyler's house. He was WIRED and refused to take a nap in his bed and insisted on "helping" Daddy mow the grass (take two of mowing this week...). After that, Mama headed out to babysit triplet 5 yr old boys (William, Meyers & Thomas) and their 2 1/2 yr old sister, Georgia. Talk about a fun time!!! They are precious! I used to think triplets were God's idea of a mean joke, but there really isn't much in this world that beats seeing those three little guys sitting there together eating ice cream cones after playing on the Chick-fil-A playground looking at each other with goofy grins and giggles...they are always with their best buddies. Well, while babysitting, I got a call from my boss at the Charlotte Eagles office saying he needs a database manager and wants to know if I'm available to start Monday. I know I may have come around in my thinking regarding triplets and all that, but I must say, I'm excited to get back to something a little more my speed! With that said, I'm off to bed...hopefully without Rodgers for the night! Sweet dreams!



No comments:
Post a Comment