So I've been thinking today (no comments on that please) that what this little blog site really needs are sound effects. If only you could hear all the noises that I hear on a daily basis...maybe your stomach would ache from laughter, and your heart would swell with love for my little angels, too. I'll just take you through a typical day, and you can use your imagination...
I wake up to Kylie calling "DADA! DAAAADAAAAA! DADA!!" Then she goes in to wake Rodgers up, so as soon as she opens his door she lets out the loudest, highest pitch squeal of excitement you have ever heard, which is greeted by his giggles and "Hi, Tywie!! You waked up!" Then you hear them both getting down out of Rodgers' bed and their heavy, quick little footsteps toward my room and the door swings open and slams against the closet door behind, and within seconds Rodgers is jumping on top of me and sliding under the covers. Kylie is following Rod around the room. Then it's "get up, mama!! We going down'tairs!!" -and they head off to breakfast. Okay, maybe the morning sounds are my favorite...
...but maybe not, because then there is Rodgers reading books to Kylie and asking her what the animals say and her little imitations of the noises he makes. And the way she "sings" along and dances with the music as he listens to his Rhinoceros Tap CD...the way he growls at her and says "I'm a monster" before chasing her around the ottoman in the den. I love the sounds of them playing nicely together and not getting in trouble...maybe they are my favorite...
...but then there is that lack of sound - you know what I mean - that silence when you realize things are TOO quiet, and you have to jump up and run to figure out where "little miss trouble-maker" is. - which is almost always halfway up the stairs. And the snorts and laughs that come out when she realizes she is busted are priceless, and when you finally catch her and carry her back down she does that spitty little laugh with her tongue between her teeth like she is the funniest thing in town. And then when you lay her on the floor for tickle torture and kisses and cuddles and Rodgers hears what he's missing and actually leaves his train table for a minute to run in saying "get me, Mama! Get me, too!!" Those are probably my favorite sounds of the day...
...but then there is bedtime when I get to take Kylie up and hold her tight and pray for her and the woman she will become and that she will love Jesus and live her life for Him and she just snuggles in and lets out those contented little sighs. And then we sing Jesus Loves Me, and she hums (not always on key) and I can lay her in her crib and just stare at her for a minute while she makes what we call her "sleepy sounds." Then it is Rodgers' turn and we read books, and say our prayers where I get to hear his version of his day and he gets to hear me pray that he will become a man after God's own heart and that he will live his life for God's glory. And we give all our kisses (fishy kisses, eskimo kisses, butterfly kisses, little kisses & big kisses) and "one more hug." And then as I'm leaving the room he says, "I love you, Mama" and I answer back, "I love you, Rodgers" and we continue back and forth until I get out the door and close it...and then sometimes as I'm walking down the stairs I can still hear him..."I love you, Mama..." Those are the sounds I love.
Wednesday, August 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment