Okay, people...maybe I need help. I seem to have lost all focus over the past couple weeks...don't know what could be so amazingly distracting, but hope this blog makes up for lost conversations. We have had quite a bit of frustration/tension in our lives lately, but so much laughter and smiles, too!
We really have been playing a lot at home. Kylie has enjoyed a lot more time with Kerry since she is only working part time tutoring at a school right down the street...we have had lots of fun together. Kylie also has a slight crush on Steven right now.
We continue to laugh a lot at the words she mixes up: she wants yogurt (deodorant) under her arms, Hobbes is so tall (small), Daddy's hair is too long now (he just shaved his hair really short). She also told Rodgers this morning when he said that his name was Rodgers Miller that he wasn't Miller because that was her name. I told her we were all Millers: Kylie Miller, Rodgers Miller, Daddy Miller, Mama Miller. She giggled and said, "say that again, Mama!" Not so sure she gets it, but that is ok.
Rodgers proceeded to tell us that he IS Rodgers Miller and he lives at 1112 Richard Barry Drive. When I asked him what city, he said New York. So...not sure where that comes from, but he always says New York. I think he had a lot of fun at the Lion King there, so maybe he is moving up and hasn't told me yet?
Let's see...what else? Rodgers and Kylie are still in that love/hate stage, but they are really cute when they are loving each other. They play a lot more together and Rodgers is getting good at asking for help instead of fighting back...not really sure if it is because he is exercising self control or because he has realized Kylie can beat him up now, but either way it works for me. Kylie is a bully and we are trying to tame her, but please continue to pray about this...she is SO rough!!! But they do like to hold hands when they walk and play, and that is the cutest thing! I have attached pictures of them holding hands while they jump off the hearth; that is a favorite evening past time once Daddy gets home from work.
Daddy went to a college recruiting day for work last week. Apparently he is on this recruiting team for work, so he will do this occasionally. He had a good time even though he went to Clemson (yucky orange tigers!!!) He came home with little wind up toys for the kids, and they sat on the kitchen floor for almost an hour having wars with their toys (other attached picture).
Kylie has started to read books to herself. I know you don't believe it, but occasionally she really does sit down long enough to read a book...not very often, but still. But from the picture you can see it is not the calm, quiet experience that Rodgers has when he reads a book. She is always sure to leave a trail and a big mess wherever she goes, so why should reading be any different?
Rod ripped the carpet off our stairs Saturday night. That is right, just a spur of the moment project. We made a big mess in our house, but I am going to love it when it is done. I hated that carpet! But now I am painting, sanding, staining, etc...always fun with two toddlers, but hey...
Owen, our little neighbor is over this morning for a play date while his sister is at gymnastics. Both kids love playing with him. And he really is the most polite, well mannered child ever...kind of scares me as I wonder what she thought of mine when she kept them on Tuesday!!! :)
I started Bible study last week. It is a Beth Moore study on Daniel, and so far it is wonderful. It is fun to be studying in the Old Testament. I don't feel like I am there very much. That coupled with a coed study that Dustin is leading on Tuesday nights on Genesis has been really challenging me lately. Rod is in the night study with me, and we are enjoying digging and learning together.
I have started a new role with YL committee here in Charlotte working on leader care. Pray as a few of us work to care for a LOT of female leaders. Pray also that somehow the male leaders would feel cared for in the process. We are about to start a Bible study with the women on weeks we don't have leadership meetings, so pray the right women are brought into that group and that it would truly be a time of encouragement for them. Our whole area is going through so much change with all new staff except for one full time and one part time...including a new Area Director whose wife had a new baby last week. Clubs will be starting in the next couple weeks, so be praying for kids and leaders!!!
Rod was nominated for some elite leadership program at work, so he is with a group of about 20 from Charlotte from all different departments at off-site training yesterday and today. He told me a little about it last night when he got home, and it sounds really fun. They are doing some team-building exercises, as well as being partnered and having to teach/train on topics after a planning period. They also have free food, so that is worth it in itself, right?
That brings us up until today...Nana Stewart is coming this afternoon to play for a couple days and we are WAY excited about that since it has been too long since our last visit. Crazy how far an hour and a half can be with crazy schedules on both ends of that drive. Tomorrow Papa Fred is delivering the piano!!!!!! Yippeee!!!!! Rodgers is going to start lessons from Mama this Fall...not sure if he is excited, but I am! :) Nana Kathy and Nana Irwin are coming as well. Three Nanas in the house at once! Think the kids will be spoiled???? We'll see...
We are having beautiful weather here the past couple days and enjoying the cooler air. Kylie says every day when we go outside, "it is a beautiful day, Mama. God is good at making sunshine." Amen sister!!
I will leave you with some praises and prayers:
*Kylie is still having some trouble getting to sleep. We aren't sure what the issue is, but please pray against this fear she has developed. Anyone is welcome to come join me in praying over her room and through the house...where two or more are gathered...
*Pray for a gentle spirit in Kylie...
*Pray for Rodgers' heart to continue to be softened...
*Pray Rod continues to be salt and light at work...
*Pray Mama continues to grow in patience and be constantly in prayer throughout the day. Pray also that I am making the most of every opportunity to teach these sweet children about Jesus. The weight of that responsibility has felt heavy lately...trust issues...
*Pray for recovery for Nana B after surgery...
***Praise for moments of friendship with the kids!
***Praise for successful surgery for Nana B and the absence of living cancer cells!
Psalm 118:24 This is the day the Lord has made! Let us rejoice and be glad in it!!!
Thursday, September 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Ang, my eyes are tearing up as I read your blog. I miss you guys so much...words can never express. I love you!
Post a Comment